User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to the question about the hitch. I have the Reese Elite. Not saying it's a bad hitch; it is adequate. I have a friend that has the B&W that Terry mentions above; I am really impressed with that hitch on several levels; build quality, locking mechanism, comes in two pieces to make lifting it out easier. Be sure to consider that one.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had any problems with the less than 2k allowable load weight? Has anyone upgraded to the 8k axles and disc brakes? And a bigger questions - what are you using to tow your 380FL? 350/3500, SRW/DRW, long bed/short bed, etc? We are looking for sure at the 35/3500, long bed, diesel, but are still debating DRW vs SRW. There are plenty of competing opinions.

Many thanks, look forward to seeing replies!

v/r

TexSol20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our 380FL back in early March. The cargo rating is at 2280lbs. As we aren't full time just yet, were only carrying may 60% of that including about 20 gals of water.
    We have a F350 Dually we pull with and it is amazing. We just completed a month in Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota and it handles and towing very well. Did the scales on this trip and came in fully loaded fuel, persons, dog etc. at 25.5k total axle weight. I would recommend the dually as the pin weight is where the SRW will not be rated high enough. The pin weight on ours comes in around 3300 lbs.
    Enjoy the rig, we sure like it..
    Terry & Beth
    Sadie, The Dog..
    2020 GD Solitude 380FL
    2020 F350 6.7L Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also use a F-350 dually 6.7 diesel. Disc brakes and 8k axles are being installed in September. Haven’t been on the scales yet. B&W 22K companion. I have air bags that I run @ 30#’s and it pulls great!!!! Can’t wait for the brakes! Swapped out the tires for Sailuns. We love it. Go with a dually, you won’t regret it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got home after our first six nights in our new 380. We're loving it. The only thing it doesn't have is an outside kitchen, but we fixed that by converting the door side, rear-most compartment to a bar (fridge, overhead light, icemaker and prep area). Other minor mods have commenced. We tow with a GMC Sierra Denali diesel dually, tows just fine.

For you folks with a 380, we find the water to the two rear bathroom sinks is just a trickle. Has anyone experienced that? I haven't dug into it yet to see what's going on but all hints gratefully accepted. Might save me some digging...
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    We just got home after our first six nights in our new 380. We're loving it. The only thing it doesn't have is an outside kitchen, but we fixed that by converting the door side, rear-most compartment to a bar (fridge, overhead light, icemaker and prep area). Other minor mods have commenced. We tow with a GMC Sierra Denali diesel dually, tows just fine.

For you folks with a 380, we find the water to the two rear bathroom sinks is just a trickle. Has anyone experienced that? I haven't dug into it yet to see what's going on but all hints gratefully accepted. Might save me some digging...
    We don't have the 380 but often people find pinched lines coming off the water control panel. Look behind the panel in the storage compartment, don't be surprised at the spaghetti mess of wires back there.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexSol20 View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with the less than 2k allowable load weight? Has anyone upgraded to the 8k axles and disc brakes? And a bigger questions - what are you using to tow your 380FL? 350/3500, SRW/DRW, long bed/short bed, etc? We are looking for sure at the 35/3500, long bed, diesel, but are still debating DRW vs SRW. There are plenty of competing opinions.

Many thanks, look forward to seeing replies!

v/r

TexSol20
    With a hitch weight in excess of 3000 pounds, no question DRW. I would also add, if you're looking at Ford, consider the F450. To be clear, I love my F350. Pulls my 379 with ease and drives great; it's a fantastic truck. That said, test drive both the 350 and 450 and pay attention to the turn radius; there is a significant difference.

350 versus 450 is the only debate (I can only speak for Ford, not sure if you go GM or Ram). SRW versus DRW, not really a choice for that rig.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We don't have the 380 but often people find pinched lines coming off the water control panel. Look behind the panel in the storage compartment, don't be surprised at the spaghetti mess of wires back there.
    Thanks. I did get into the plumbing on the back wall today and found that the same line feeds the shower, which has good water pressure. I didn't start taking apart the fixtures and braided lines leading to them but that might be the next step.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to all. Went RV-looking again over the weekend, saw the 2021 380 FL. Differences seem to be the bathroom is a bit smaller, but there is a dedicated closet for the washer/dryer. Quality and build still beats anything else we've seen yet.

Will definitely look at the F450; this is the second thread in which I've seen that suggestion.

Many thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of converting one of the "many" outside basement storage into a mini bar setup..... Pics???
    Terry & Beth
    Sadie, The Dog..
    2020 GD Solitude 380FL
    2020 F350 6.7L Dually

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast