User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with my Imagine XLS. This was the first trip with a brand new RV and it was nearly touching the ground by the time I noticed it. It’s cinched up really tight now and hasn’t come down again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The spare tires on most GD trailers to loosen up occasionally. I have read where some will drill a hole through the frame and handle and put some type of pin through it to keep it from moving.

I, on the other hand, decided to use my old rusty vice grips. Just tighten them on to the handle and push it onto the top of the frame and no more movement.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to tighten my spare. I crank and crank but nothing perceivable happens. I go the other way ...crank and crank...nothing. Still loose. Then I notice another crank hole in the slide out but on the bottom edge. It is a hollow hex headed shaft. Have I been turning the wrong shaft? If so, what have I screwed up?
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    I need to tighten my spare. I crank and crank but nothing perceivable happens. I go the other way ...crank and crank...nothing. Still loose. Then I notice another crank hole in the slide out but on the bottom edge. It is a hollow hex headed shaft. Have I been turning the wrong shaft? If so, what have I screwed up?
    It could be the wire cable in the spool is bound up. You will need to have someone pull down on the spare while you use the crank. Crank tube is centered with the tire.
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    Most of the Reflections have two drive holes on the curb side - one for the spare tire and one for the curb-side slide. The worst you could have done would be to crank your slide in a little. Of more concern would be a tangled cable on the winch for the spare. Some have been really tangled and you don't know if you're raising or lowering the spare (the tire doesn't move). See if you can get the spare to come down and then back up.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie, I have a Solitude, my crank for the spare tire is a hollow hex head shaft. There is a hole in the slide down near the bottom on the side with steps. The shaft is 90 degree angle from the spare tire. Where was the other hole at. I did notice on some other models, there is a second hole in the side.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    I did this modification to my Solitude about 3 years ago. Took me about 40 minutes to do it at a campground.
    John Joscelyne
    I did this mod also and have had no problems "but" I still check it whenever I hitch up.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clockwise raises the tire - counterclockwise lowers from what I renumber, but I solved my issue by putting the tire out back using a receiver tire carrier. AKA righty tighty, lefty loosey.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDWHSKY View Post
    I did this mod also and have had no problems "but" I still check it whenever I hitch up.
    can you explain what you did?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    can you explain what you did?
    See post #6 (post # is on the blue line that lists the date & time, on the right side is the post#).

Here is the link to the mod https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...051#post142051

Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast