User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford F250

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    My old Cummins is perfect for this because we get 11/12 towing our Reflection 27RL and then get 20+ mpg site seeing. Newer diesels cannot match this because of EPA emissions devices.
    Some newer diesels do OK on the freeway while not towing...
    My 2016 3500 Duramax got 21mpg and my new 2020 Ford F-350 6.7 Powerstroke is getting about 21mpg as well.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    I hear ya, but we will probably have to order the truck we want because I doubt we will find it on the yard.
    If you post the specs of the truck you are interested in, there may be others here with something similar who can share their payload stickers with you.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    If you post the specs of the truck you are interested in, there may be others here with something similar who can share their payload stickers with you.
    Thanks, great idea.

2020 Ford Super Duty F-250 XL Crew Cab®, 6 3/4’ Box,
    7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8 Engine,
    TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission,
    4.30 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio, 4X2, SRW
    17" Argent-painted Steel Wheels with Painted Hub Cover and Center Ornament (SRW)
    Bedliner – Tough Bed® Spray-in
    Rear Window – Defrost with Privacy Glass
    5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package
    Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
    Manual Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors with Power Heated Glass
    Platform Running Boards
    LT245/75Rx17E BSW A/S Tires
    Medium Earth Gray
    Cloth Split Bench 40/20/40 Front Seats
    Floor Covering – Carpet Delete
    Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
    Cruise Control
    110-Volt/400-Watt AC Outlet
    AM/FM Stereo with MP3 Player
    SYNC® 3

Fifth Wheel Being Purchased
    GD 295RL
    Weight of unit we saw was 8700 lbs
    Hitch weight from GD 1317 lbs
    Last edited by FreddieMac; 03-10-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That configuration (e.g. 2WD, gas, XL trim) should have a pretty decent payload rating for a 3/4 ton truck. Much closer to published specs!
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Thanks, great idea.

2020 Ford Super Duty F-250 XL Crew Cab®, 6 3/4’ Box,
    7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8 Engine,
    TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission,
    4.30 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio, 4X2, SRW
    17" Argent-painted Steel Wheels with Painted Hub Cover and Center Ornament (SRW)
    Bedliner – Tough Bed® Spray-in
    Rear Window – Defrost with Privacy Glass
    5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package
    Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
    Manual Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors with Power Heated Glass
    Platform Running Boards
    LT245/75Rx17E BSW A/S Tires
    Medium Earth Gray
    Cloth Split Bench 40/20/40 Front Seats
    Floor Covering – Carpet Delete
    Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
    Cruise Control
    110-Volt/400-Watt AC Outlet
    AM/FM Stereo with MP3 Player
    SYNC® 3

Fifth Wheel Being Purchased
    GD 295RL
    Weight of unit we saw was 8700 lbs
    Hitch weight from GD 1317 lbs
    I would recommend getting the camper package so you get the overload springs. Also if you do decide on the 350 make sure you get higher than 10,000 GVWR, I would look for 11,400. Since the 350 is heavier you get less payload with the same GVWR as the 250
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my area of the country every truck on a dealer lot is a 4x4. I don't buy anything but 4x2. It's a problem. It's also a problem when I'm trying to negotiate a trade in price!! Everybody thinks they need four wheel drive. If I'm pulling trailers I don't think I will be needing it.
    Dealers will also add accessories to trucks to up the price over the MSRP. On a truck I do not like a lot of chrome. Everyone of my Ford trucks through the years were special ordered........all four of them. My Ram I bought slightly used.
    Last edited by Likes to tow; 03-10-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5th wheel prep package & factory spray in bed liner. (cheaper than adding it later)
    Power fold/telescopeing mirrors
    Camper package. (gives you heavier springs front & rear + a rear sway bar)
    Skip the 4wd. (reduces payload & won't help pull a trailer... except getting a Bass boat up a slick boat ramp)
    Most importantly: the 4.30 rear end
    Travel Safe,

Mike, Rhonda & Reuben the dog
    '20 Reflection 303RLS
    '20 F-250
    '98 Mustang GT Convertible
    Some other unimportant stuff

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my area of the country every truck on a dealer lot is a 4x4. I don't buy anything but 4x2. It's a problem. It's also a problem when I'm trying to negotiate a trade in price!! Everybody thinks they need four wheel drive. If I'm pulling trailers I don't think I will be needing it.
    I thought that way too. My current truck is the first I bought off the lot and my first FWD. I have to back my 5th wheel up my steep driveway and the first time I tried, I spun tires on dry pavement. FWD switch fixed that right up. I actually use FWD now, more than I ever thought I would. Pulling out of the slightly soft campsite on a dewy morning, etc... Helps not tear up the the ground so much. Also, having the low range in the transfer case puts less strain on transmission sometimes (like backing up my steep driveway.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I thought that way too. My current truck is the first I bought off the lot and my first FWD. I have to back my 5th wheel up my steep driveway and the first time I tried, I spun tires on dry pavement. FWD switch fixed that right up. I actually use FWD now, more than I ever thought I would. Pulling out of the slightly soft campsite on a dewy morning, etc... Helps not tear up the the ground so much. Also, having the low range in the transfer case puts less strain on transmission sometimes (like backing up my steep driveway.)
    Yes the low range would be an added advantage. I've been stuck three times in the past 30 years in my back yard trying to back the boat under it's shed. Each time I call my son to bring his FWD over for a visit. Each time I get a lecture on the benefits of a 4x4.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been stuck three times in the past 30 years in my back yard trying to back the boat under it's shed. Each time I call my son to bring his FWD over for a visit. Each time I get a lecture on the benefits of a 4x4.
    Yes, I'm familiar with that lecture. My response was usually, "look at all the FWD's in the ditch in the snow." Now the harassment is even worse since I drank the FWD Kool aid.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast