User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ford F250

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I would guess the majority of folks pulling 5th wheels are using 3/4 ton trucks. If you want to make sure you'll have no problems exceeding your payload rating, I would recommend an F-350. Rides the same when empty but has an overload spring to increase payload when hitched to a 5th wheel. Plus you'll have the payload you need if you choose to get a larger 5th wheel later. If you get a gas engine and want better towing performance, choose a higher rear gear ratio (e.g. 4.10 or 4.30)

As for must haves...that's totally subjective. I have a Platinum model because my "must have" list is pretty long. Others prefer the simplicity of an XL. Less to break later.

Good luck shopping!
    Are you having any issues with your Infotainment system? My new 2019 F350 infotainment screen has been locking/freezing up since day 1. Ford has reprogrammed it, replaced the APIM (brain?) and still messing up. Just curious if you are having similar issues.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie1988 View Post
    Are you having any issues with your Infotainment system?
    No problems with my 2019 or 2020. I don't recall reading about this issue on the FTE forum either. I don't think it's very common. Hope your dealer finds a fix for it soon!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not had a problem with the 2019 but just traded my 2016 F150 that the infotainment system reprogrammed and the dealer replaced the APIM. It worked fine after that. I did hear that the replacement APIM's are rebuilt and not new. IF that is true, the dealer may need to change that out for you again so you get one that is rebuild correctly.
    Bob & Pam
    2019 F250 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 6.2L Gasser with no mods and-3.73 gear ratio - Andersen Ultimate Hitch
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    Central Iowa

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2017 gas F250 and are towing a 260RD. It handles great and other than using more gas than when not towing I hardly know it's there. We do plan to move up to a 350, and a Solitude - wish we had "future proofed" and got the F350 from the start! If you have the choice I'd recommend getting one with the 5th wheel package - includes a "puck" system for ease of moving the hitch in and out of service. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best diesel motor of its time! Had 2 of them. I would take again! I have the V10 now 2000 model 3:73 rear end pulling 20,000 with truck weight. For now it works great with the air bags, overweight for the yr but I have it set up for me to run 64 and get around 7 mpg. When I travel more I’ll upgrade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we are looking to order the truck but now everything is shutdown and are in a shelter-in-place order in my state. We are still waiting to see if we can order a unit, but the ford plant was shutdown according to the dealer. We are in a wait-and-see mode right now or we are hoping that maybe we can find a good deal on a different version of the truck. I am looking for the godzilla engine.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=FreddieMac;285494]Well, we are looking to order the truck but now everything is shutdown and are in a shelter-in-place order in my state. We are still waiting to see if we can order a unit, but the ford plant was shutdown according to the dealer. We are in a wait-and-see mode right now or we are hoping that maybe we can find a good deal on a different version of the truck. I am looking for the godzilla engine.[/QUOTE

Used to be the cut off for ordering current model year was around June or July. I ordered my 2000 F250 in late June, around same time my dad ordered his Dodge. Mine came in as a 2000, his a 2001. I'm same boat as you, always have to order what I want b/c no one gets them on the lot like I want. After the last one trying to trade my 4x2 I ended up getting 4x4 just for the resale issue. So of course now I can't get rid of the truck, because they no longer make the 350 CCSB dually. I seriously looked at this new motor and 4:30 gear combo. It comes back as having 20,000 lbs towing, so I'd be great with that. Just not sure about mileage yet, haven't seen any reviews. BTW, when I was checking I called a local dealer to see when last month was I could order. Told me I had better come in quick because Ford was limiting production of the 7.3 and they were putting most of them in the Econolines. OK, I'll run right down! LMAO.
    Last edited by dually mike; 03-24-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=dually mike;285613]
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Well, we are looking to order the truck but now everything is shutdown and are in a shelter-in-place order in my state. We are still waiting to see if we can order a unit, but the ford plant was shutdown according to the dealer. We are in a wait-and-see mode right now or we are hoping that maybe we can find a good deal on a different version of the truck. I am looking for the godzilla engine.[/QUOTE

Used to be the cut off for ordering current model year was around June or July. I ordered my 2000 F250 in late June, around same time my dad ordered his Dodge. Mine came in as a 2000, his a 2001. I'm same boat as you, always have to order what I want b/c no one gets them on the lot like I want. After the last one trying to trade my 4x2 I ended up getting 4x4 just for the resale issue. So of course now I can't get rid of the truck, because they no longer make the 350 CCSB dually. I seriously looked at this new motor and 4:30 gear combo. It comes back as having 20,000 lbs towing, so I'd be great with that. Just not sure about mileage yet, haven't seen any reviews. BTW, when I was checking I called a local dealer to see when last month was I could order. Told me I had better come in quick because Ford was limiting production of the 7.3 and they were putting most of them in the Econolines. OK, I'll run right down! LMAO.
    That sounds like dealer bovine scatology.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456