User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ercklentz View Post
    It appears that Lippert has hard coded the system to only except an internet connection from the IP address 192.168.1.2 which is the IP of their router/cellular modem. In order to get the system to work with My router and internet connection I had to remove their router/cellular modem and use my Peplink router in its place. I unplugged all of the network cables from their router/cellular modem and disconnected the power and then connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular gateway. I then changed my router address to 192.168.1.2. In order to get the one control App to work I had to create a new SSID on my Router that matched the original SSID (MyRV_XXXXX) and I used the same password. I can now connect using the One Control app as before and I can also use the OneControl website and access the system remotely. I hope this helps you out and please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer. Cheers!
    I purchased the Peplink MAX BR1 router and while I could plug it into WAN port of the Momentum router, I'd prefer to just swap it out like you did. Other than what you mentioned above (add SSID and set the router IP), was there anything else (assume you connected two of the antenna ports to the roof antenna)? My Cloud Gateway died (red LED for power light) so GD is sending me a new one and I'd like to try it once it arrives. Thanks.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 349M, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114 17.5" Tires, 1280W Solar w/600AH Battle Born Batteries
    2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Ercklentz;295166]It appears that Lippert has hard coded the system to only except an internet connection from the IP address 192.168.1.2 which is the IP of their router/cellular modem. In order to get the system to work with My router and internet connection I had to remove their router/cellular modem and use my Peplink router in its place. I unplugged all of the network cables from their router/cellular modem and disconnected the power and then connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular gateway. I then changed my router address to 192.168.1.2. In order to get the one control App to work I had to create a new SSID on my Router that matched the original SSID (MyRV_XXXXX) and I used the same password. I can now connect using the One Control app as before and I can also use the OneControl website and access the system remotely. I hope this helps you out and please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer. Cheers![/QUOTE @Ercklentz thanks for the primer. I just picked up a 2021 399 th with a blue label. Haven't activated it yet. I have to start working out of it full time in a couple of weeks. Am I stuck to the lci 10 gigs for $70 bucks plan or are there better options available? Any resources to educate myself about swapping routers and gateways would be extremely helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Anupam&Pallavi
    2021 Grand Design Momentum - 399TH
    2020 F450
    Katy,Texas

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=anupamdas;306417]
    It appears that Lippert has hard coded the system to only except an internet connection from the IP address 192.168.1.2 which is the IP of their router/cellular modem. In order to get the system to work with My router and internet connection I had to remove their router/cellular modem and use my Peplink router in its place. I unplugged all of the network cables from their router/cellular modem and disconnected the power and then connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular gateway. I then changed my router address to 192.168.1.2. In order to get the one control App to work I had to create a new SSID on my Router that matched the original SSID (MyRV_XXXXX) and I used the same password. I can now connect using the One Control app as before and I can also use the OneControl website and access the system remotely. I hope this helps you out and please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer. Cheers![/QUOTE @Ercklentz thanks for the primer. I just picked up a 2021 399 th with a blue label. Haven't activated it yet. I have to start working out of it full time in a couple of weeks. Am I stuck to the lci 10 gigs for $70 bucks plan or are there better options available? Any resources to educate myself about swapping routers and gateways would be extremely helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Almost any option is better than 10G for 70 dollars. 70/mo, you can probably get an unlimited SIM from one of the resellers. Ebay has them, but there are a lot of sites that resell them, I'm sure others will come along with suggestions. If your not going to use it much, you can get the new Togo plan, that's 300 bucks a year for 100 G, about half the cost per GB as the plan from Lippert. Visible has a plan too, a lot of the MVNO's have better data only plans than the carrier themselves. If you have Verizon, you might be able to do the "add a hotspot" to your existing plan for 10 bucks a month, that's a very affordable way to go (and likely what I'm going to do after I lose my Togo plan). Honestly, just about any option in the world is better than the plan offered by Lippert which, of course, is why this thread exists; if Lippert had a good plan, we wouldn't want to change/spoof out the router to accept another cellular connection, we'd just use what our RV already has.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a waste

@Overtaxed @Ercklentz, just got off the phone with an lci onecontrol tech. Bad news for the blue box owners. Our AT&T provided sim cards are tied to the imei of the router that came with it and it can ONLY be activated with a LCI data plan. Here's the bad part. Nobody seems to know what happens after you run through the 10G of data Or the person I spoke to didn't know what is the price of the next gig (or 10) will be. I guess I am going to have to rip that cellular gateway out and replace it with a pepwave. What a waste os a perfectly good piece of hardware.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anupamdas View Post
    @Overtaxed @Ercklentz, just got off the phone with an lci onecontrol tech. Bad news for the blue box owners. Our AT&T provided sim cards are tied to the imei of the router that came with it and it can ONLY be activated with a LCI data plan. Here's the bad part. Nobody seems to know what happens after you run through the 10G of data Or the person I spoke to didn't know what is the price of the next gig (or 10) will be. I guess I am going to have to rip that cellular gateway out and replace it with a pepwave. What a waste os a perfectly good piece of hardware.
    I'm not sure you can rip the whole gateway out. What I did was come out of the gateway (from the WAN port) into the LAN port on my Togo. You can do the same thing on the Pepwave, of course, but it does appear that they may have locked this system down some to only accept certain gateway IP addresses.

If I could have just switched SIMs without installing a Togo, that would have been awesome, but, like you, I got the "no, you cannot" from Lippert. Which is disappointing, but not unexpected, the profit they must make off those plans has to be insane, they are so expensive it's eye watering, wouldn't surprise me if they are at 10X between cost and selling price. They may be subsidizing the hardware with the plans, for example, similar to how cell phones used to work. IDK, I just know I'm "subscription-ed out". I have 2 cell phones, a Togo, a hotspot, a MC4000 cellular temp monitor. All billing away, along with everything else, the world is moving to "rent seeking" as the defacto standard and I'm sick of it. I avoid any subscriptions I can, I'd much rather have one good subscription (like for an unlimited data plan) than 3 crappy ones and rotate around between them. Not to mention it's almost certainly cheaper to do it that way.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears that Lippert has hard coded the system to only except an internet connection from the IP address 192.168.1.2 which is the IP of their router/cellular modem. In order to get the system to work with My router and internet connection I had to remove their router/cellular modem and use my Peplink router in its place. I unplugged all of the network cables from their router/cellular modem and disconnected the power and then connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular gateway. I then changed my router address to 192.168.1.2. In order to get the one control App to work I had to create a new SSID on my Router that matched the original SSID (MyRV_XXXXX) and I used the same password. I can now connect using the One Control app as before and I can also use the OneControl website and access the system remotely. I hope this helps you out and please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer. Cheers!
    @Ercklentz How is the cellular gateway connected (i mean physically) to the router/modem? On my unit it looks like the two pieces of hardware are physically connected together. Also were you able to use the cable from the roof antenna in your Peplink router?
    TIA
    Anupam&Pallavi
    2021 Grand Design Momentum - 399TH
    2020 F450
    Katy,Texas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a question. Does this mod allow me to pull a wifi connection from a park into the coach?

I’m coming from a wifi ranger setup on my old rig and would Like the option of using wifi to create the secure network in the coach instead of a cellular plan

Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Poutine View Post
    So a question. Does this mod allow me to pull a wifi connection from a park into the coach?

I’m coming from a wifi ranger setup on my old rig and would Like the option of using wifi to create the secure network in the coach instead of a cellular plan

Thanks
    Yes, if you use something like a ConnecT, connect that to the OneControl module, you can configure it to pull in the park WiFi and then distribute that, both to OneControl and to your stuff in the coach on a private WiFi link. You can also switch to cellular and no "reconnect" is needed for any devices connected to the private WiFi. That's one of the best things about the ConnecT device, IMHO, the stability of "one WiFi connection" regardless of what you're using.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Yes, if you use something like a ConnecT, connect that to the OneControl module, you can configure it to pull in the park WiFi and then distribute that, both to OneControl and to your stuff in the coach on a private WiFi link. You can also switch to cellular and no "reconnect" is needed for any devices connected to the private WiFi. That's one of the best things about the ConnecT device, IMHO, the stability of "one WiFi connection" regardless of what you're using.
    Great thanks

Forgive my ignorance. What is a ConnecT device?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Poutine View Post
    Great thanks

Forgive my ignorance. What is a ConnecT device?
    No problem at all, it's not the "normal world" of buy a router and call it a day. The stuff for RV's is a whole different spectrum of hardware and services. This is what I'm talking about:

https://winegard.com/products/cellul.../connect-2-4g2

It goes on the roof of the RV and lets you get cellular and WiFi signals on a single (consistent) WiFi name inside (and around) the RV. It'll take "Jellystone Park Wifi" and turn it into "OvertaxedRVWIFI". And then when I go to another park, it'll take "KOA_Wireless" and turn that, again, into "OvertaxedRVWIFI". You set everything in your rig to "OvertaxedRVWIFI" and then just make a single connection when you get to the park on the ConnecT device. And, of course, it has cellular as well, so if the park wifi stinks (it often does) you can just use that as you move from park to park. It has plenty of power to "light up" your truck with Wifi too, so you can use it on the road too. There are a lot of options here, the ConnecT is the "easy" version, there are much more sophisticated and powerful options out there if you need "more" (multiple SIM cards, multiple carriers, big antennas, etc).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast