User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sckarolek View Post
    @Lt.Dan, I notice the router you're asking about requires 120V power ... there's none near my OneControl gateway equipment.

There is 12V up there. I bought this 12V to 5V buck converter with USB outputs and spliced it into the 12V that's up there:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXZ06I4/

Then I added this USB powered ethernet switch:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148L7YI2/

And this USB powered 4GLTE router:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5KWZ3H/

I've had the router and switch in place for a while, haven't done the work to take the factory router out of the picture yet. Maybe tomorrow.

In addition to not wanting to find a way to get 120V up there, I'd rather power as much as possible from my 12V system to reduce the need for inverting when I'm not on shore power.
    Thanks for the response. The 110v is no problem with me, in short terms, I have plenty of power.

So you go from the NETGEAR Nighthawk router, to the switch, to the LCI equipment? How do you like that Netgear, and is it worth the price tag?

Thanks again!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a "Cricket" (AT&T) SIM in the M1 and it works well for me. I really like having continuous monitoring of my solar/power system through Victron's remote monitoring portal wherever I am. Long term, I want starlink ... but this is working for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to keep beating this horse. I've watched the Passion Highway video multiple times and have my router set up with a VLAN with IP address 192.168.1.2 and created an AP with SSID of the same name and pw as on the blue label. I have my router connected via LAN to a mini switch with the outputs going to the devices shown in RichAP's post. I've connected my phone to the SSID and reconnected the app to the coach, but the app isn't communicating with the coach. Also, the internet icon on the cloud device is RED. When I go to lippert.force.com and log into my account, I can't get to the account page to enter my KCode. Any thoughts? I really want this to work as having to change wifi connections to do anything in One Control is super annoying.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same, I cant get it to work either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaroberts2356 View Post
    Same, I cant get it to work either.
    I did finally get it to work and wrote an instruction so others can benefit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Instructions to remove LCI router.pdf  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ercklentz View Post
    It appears that Lippert has hard coded the system to only except an internet connection from the IP address 192.168.1.2 which is the IP of their router/cellular modem. In order to get the system to work with My router and internet connection I had to remove their router/cellular modem and use my Peplink router in its place. I unplugged all of the network cables from their router/cellular modem and disconnected the power and then connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular gateway. I then changed my router address to 192.168.1.2. In order to get the one control App to work I had to create a new SSID on my Router that matched the original SSID (MyRV_XXXXX) and I used the same password. I can now connect using the One Control app as before and I can also use the OneControl website and access the system remotely. I hope this helps you out and please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer. Cheers!

Worked exactly as advertised and I’m a computer idiot. Watched a couple videos of how to do the IP address change. To make the deal a little sweeter I am using a cellular router that runs off of AT&T cellular data. It was an extra line that I had on my family plan that’s unlimited data and not throttled. Cuddy is the manufacturer of router and works great. Now just need to add GX for victron solar to monitor. I plan on adding a WiFi plug to inverter to be able to control residential refrigerator. I have 2022 376 THS-R. Hope this helps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootn View Post
    I did finally get it to work and wrote an instruction so others can benefit.
    Thanks, the instructions you provided worked exactly as advertised. All is working great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this thread and helped me get my Pepwave up and running in our 2022 351M. I was however stuck after watching the video several times and re-reading this page and getting rather frustrated. I happened to read the comments on passionhighway's video and he mentioned you must change the Port Type of the lan connections from the Pepwave default of "Trunk" to "Access". I didn't see that in his video, but I went into Network->LAN Port Settings and changed both my LAN ports that the LCI equipment is plugged into to Port Type "Access" and then VLan Networks to the Vlan 1 that I previously setup. Viola - instantly got me up and running.

So much quicker to access the application now (instead of the long pause after connecting to the network before everything would light up). Pretty slick way to access the internet (multiple ways), provide an access point within the RV and connect to LCI One controller all in one little unit.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this set up in my 349M yesterday. Many thanks for the clear instructions, Barefootn! It didn’t work quite right at first, until I figured out that I needed to register for OneControl ConnectAnywhere. There are two things I’m not sure how to fix (or if I need to bother): one is that the OneControl web portal is unable to retrieve news, weather or location, and the other is that the green Cloud light on the is not on. Since I already have a Wi-Fi hotspot, I used the same basic setup as you did.
    Last edited by Hookem59; 03-18-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast