User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I been looking for this for some time. I have a cradlepoint router 4g. I want to connect it to my one control. I don’t have the blue label. So I can make any IP address I want. How can I connect the two. Wire or better yet wireless. Do I have to make the one come control a access point or gateway

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danncas View Post
    I been looking for this for some time. I have a cradlepoint router 4g. I want to connect it to my one control. I don’t have the blue label. So I can make any IP address I want. How can I connect the two. Wire or better yet wireless. Do I have to make the one come control a access point or gateway
    Blue label or not… you still have to use the right IP sub-net and address to replace the LCI router with your own. Follow this thread and watch Passion Highway’s video on this subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know the user name and password to log into the on controls setup

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookem59 View Post
    I got this set up in my 349M yesterday. Many thanks for the clear instructions, Barefootn! It didn’t work quite right at first, until I figured out that I needed to register for OneControl ConnectAnywhere. There are two things I’m not sure how to fix (or if I need to bother): one is that the OneControl web portal is unable to retrieve news, weather or location, and the other is that the green Cloud light on the is not on. Since I already have a Wi-Fi hotspot, I used the same basic setup as you did.
    how / where did you go to register for OneControl ConnectAnywhere?
    I have a 351M but no LCI Cloud Gateway - so I'm trying to figure out how to connect it to my pepwave router network... I can connect and see all the devices but cannot control them. I am wondering if it is a ConnectAnywhere issue.
    Kent
    KJB Images - Capturing Whispers From Nature
    2019 Momentum 351M - 2016 RAM 3500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispers_351M View Post
    how / where did you go to register for OneControl ConnectAnywhere?
    I have a 351M but no LCI Cloud Gateway - so I'm trying to figure out how to connect it to my pepwave router network... I can connect and see all the devices but cannot control them. I am wondering if it is a ConnectAnywhere issue.
    Has nothing to do with ConnectAnywhere - that is just a portal to access your OneControl once you have internet connectivity to the working system. Once you get it working, then the website to register is: https://lippert.force.com/IoTCommuni...mmunity%2Fs%2F

What you describe is network setup issue - you still need the LCI cloud gateway & LCI cellular gateway hardware in the system - you should just remove or unplug the router/switch below the cellular gateway. I think (but not 100% sure) it is the LCI cloud gateway that allows the use of ConnectAnywhere. Your Pepwave must connect to the LCI gear on the 192.168.1.0 subnet and be assigned 192.168.1.2 address. Make sure you have the "MyRV_" wifi setup correctly, VLans correct and ensure the two ports used to connect via Ethernet cable to the LCI Cloud Gateway and LCI Cellular gateway are set to "ACCESS" and not "TRUNK" (that last part is what fixed it for me).
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anupamdas View Post
    @Ercklentz How is the cellular gateway connected (i mean physically) to the router/modem? On my unit it looks like the two pieces of hardware are physically connected together. Also were you able to use the cable from the roof antenna in your Peplink router?
    TIA
    I read this thread with great interest as I will be tackling this issue very soon and "the fix" assuming I can understand it seems doable. I will have to figure out how to change the address and maybe the SSID. Not really sure the process for that, but I'll figure it out.
    I wanted to bump the question anupamdas asked back in 2020 since I have yet to purchase a router to tie in (looking at Peplink, wineguard, etc)

Has anyone found a router that uses the already installed Lippert 4G cellular antenna? Is the function of the extended range the antenna provides even needed?

If I can find a router that connects and is compatible with the 4G antenna, I will sleep better knowing there isn't a useless item on my roof with no other function that to cover the hole that was drilled to install it. If "an" antenna is optimal (wineguard for instance) then I can remove the 4G hole cover and use the existing space for a different antenna.

Any advice or observations would be greatly appreciated. Going to start shopping soon.
    -Mike
    2022 376THS-R w/B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
    MORryde 3 axle 7K IS w/disk brakes
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali DRW
    2014 HD CVO Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefootn View Post
    I did finally get it to work and wrote an instruction so others can benefit.
    Outstanding write-up! Out of curiosity, though, what was the reason for using separate devices for wireless connectivity and network switching? Would it be possible to deploy a similar configuration using a USB-powered wireless router configured as a bridge?

Thanks for sharing your efforts, been hunting for various fixes to the proprietary nonsense produced by LCI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmelevu2 View Post
    Worked exactly as advertised and I’m a computer idiot. Watched a couple videos of how to do the IP address change. To make the deal a little sweeter I am using a cellular router that runs off of AT&T cellular data. It was an extra line that I had on my family plan that’s unlimited data and not throttled. Cuddy is the manufacturer of router and works great. Now just need to add GX for victron solar to monitor. I plan on adding a WiFi plug to inverter to be able to control residential refrigerator. I have 2022 376 THS-R. Hope this helps.
    So I installed a Winegard router to the 360+ antenna using an AT&T data chip. Works very well. The LCO Blue label router allows me to access the One Control from my phone with no issues. I followed Barefootn's instructions to the letter, changing the name MyRV_XXXXXX and the IP address. Once I try to get them all to work together, my signal makes it to the bridge and I can go no further. I feel like I'm missing something but can't figure out what? As soon as the system is working together the app doesn't recognize the rig. I guess I'll put the LCI router back in and just switch over to local to run the RV systems. If anyone has had luck with the Blue Label system, I'd be grateful to hear what you did. Thank you
    -Mike
    2022 376THS-R w/B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
    MORryde 3 axle 7K IS w/disk brakes
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali DRW
    2014 HD CVO Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radar416 View Post
    Outstanding write-up! Out of curiosity, though, what was the reason for using separate devices for wireless connectivity and network switching? Would it be possible to deploy a similar configuration using a USB-powered wireless router configured as a bridge?

Thanks for sharing your efforts, been hunting for various fixes to the proprietary nonsense produced by LCI.
    You may have missed that his Pepwave router is in a different area of his 5er, which is why he is using the switch and Wifi adapter to create a point to point connection of the LCI equipment to his Pepwave router (via Wifi). The app would be connecting through the Pepwave router's Wifi. Note you can completely eliminate the switch & wifi adapter and simply install the Pepwave (or similar router) next to the existing LCI equipment and connect together with a short network cable. The nice thing about Pepwave is you can directly tie into the existing 12v power that the LCI equipment is using without needing a USB adapter.
    Last edited by Brother_Bluto; 07-17-2022 at 03:23 PM.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Has nothing to do with ConnectAnywhere - that is just a portal to access your OneControl once you have internet connectivity to the working system. Once you get it working, then the website to register is: https://lippert.force.com/IoTCommuni...mmunity%2Fs%2F

What you describe is network setup issue - you still need the LCI cloud gateway & LCI cellular gateway hardware in the system - you should just remove or unplug the router/switch below the cellular gateway. I think (but not 100% sure) it is the LCI cloud gateway that allows the use of ConnectAnywhere. Your Pepwave must connect to the LCI gear on the 192.168.1.0 subnet and be assigned 192.168.1.2 address. Make sure you have the "MyRV_" wifi setup correctly, VLans correct and ensure the two ports used to connect via Ethernet cable to the LCI Cloud Gateway and LCI Cellular gateway are set to "ACCESS" and not "TRUNK" (that last part is what fixed it for me).
    Since my unit does not have a Cloud Gateway device installed, is there a way to remotely connect into the PepWave router and then access the One Control system? For example, I can get to my EasyTouch Thermostats and Victron system remotely through the PepWave. It seems like there should be a way to also get to the OneControl system.
    Kent
    KJB Images - Capturing Whispers From Nature
    2019 Momentum 351M - 2016 RAM 3500 Limited

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast