User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Control Connect Anywhere with NEW Blue Label

I have discovered something very disappointing about the NEW version of the One Control Connect Anywhere with the Blue label. LCI has locked down the system so you are not able to connect to the internet with this system unless you purchase a cellular data plan directly from them. I have confirmed this with their help desk. The agent I spoke to said this is new for 2020 and he thinks it stinks, but there is no way around it. He also said that the old trick of plugging into the WAN port will probably not work anymore due to their lock down of the system. His only recommendation was to send an email to them expressing my disappointment, which I did.

Has anyone had any success getting connected to the internet on the NEW Blue labeled system without purchasing a data plan from LCI? I spent $93K on my 399TH so I could work from the road and I now have to switch back and forth between the my wifi for internet vs LCI's wifi just to turn on a light!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, that SUCKS. I'm so sorry man, I was just going to give up OneControl entirely if I was forced to pay for another plan, but, my module made it so dead simple to wire into existing Internet it was a no brainer. Works great, and I use it all the time, sharing my Internet connection via Togo.

If Lippert would come out with a reasonable data plan, I never would have done the Togo at all. No way I'm paying for 2 data plans for my RV, that's insanity.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a late model 2020 381M and I have mine connected to another wifi router and it works fine. I pealed off the black tape over the ethernet port and plugged that into a mobile router and I can connect to the One Control Wifi and access the internet via the wifi router, other devices in the RV as well as the one command app. I can't access the One Command from the internet, but can go the other way.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jphipps69 View Post
    I have a late model 2020 381M and I have mine connected to another wifi router and it works fine. I pealed off the black tape over the ethernet port and plugged that into a mobile router and I can connect to the One Control Wifi and access the internet via the wifi router, other devices in the RV as well as the one command app. I can't access the One Command from the internet, but can go the other way.
    You should be able to (access OneCommand from the Internet) if you hooked up that way (that's exactly how I did it). I can control from the Internet just fine, and I can connect to the "My_RV" SSID and use the Internet when I'm in the rig. You may be blocking something that OneCommand needs with your setup? But you should, without question, be able to do exactly what you did and have Internet control of the rig, unless, of course, there's something different with the "new" router (which, as stated before, would royally suck). Honestly, it wouldn't suck at all if Lippert would release a good cellular data plan, I'd like to use the router in the rig to do everything, but their plans are beyond horrible, they are downright ridiculous for using the Internet/general usage.

Here's mine, working without a Lippert data package, this evening. "Covered up" Ethernet port run to the Ethernet port of my Togo, works like a charm (with a 2019 351M, not saying they didn't change anything, just that it works/working great on my model year).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OneControl.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	26087

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you register your system on the lippert.force.com site? When I enter the site, it shows that there are no coaches registered. Do I need to use a laptop connected to the One Connect wifi and enter the Kcode to activate it on the site?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you register your system on the lippert.force.com site? When I enter the site, it shows that there are no coaches registered. Do I need to use a laptop connected to the One Connect wifi and enter the Kcode to activate it on the site?
    You don't need to be connected to the Wifi at all to register it. I just needed my KCODE (IIRC), but I did it from my house, not from the rig, so it definitely didn't have anything to do with being on the rig Wifi.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    You don't need to be connected to the Wifi at all to register it. I just needed my KCODE (IIRC), but I did it from my house, not from the rig, so it definitely didn't have anything to do with being on the rig Wifi.
    Wow, that did it. I registered it and now I can see it online... thanks alot for that tip...

One more question, mine shows up as weather not available. Do you know how to get the weather reporting to work?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that did it. I registered it and now I can see it online... thanks alot for that tip...

One more question, mine shows up as weather not available. Do you know how to get the weather reporting to work?
    Great, glad to hear it. Do you have the new "blue label" version? Just trying to figure out, did something change?

If you figure out the weather reporting, please let me know. Mine doesn't show anything either. I assume that's because it's expecting a GPS coordinate that it's not getting, but I don't know. If you figure it out, please share!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Great, glad to hear it. Do you have the new "blue label" version? Just trying to figure out, did something change?

If you figure out the weather reporting, please let me know. Mine doesn't show anything either. I assume that's because it's expecting a GPS coordinate that it's not getting, but I don't know. If you figure it out, please share!
    I am assuming not, my gateway is all black with black labels. Guess I am glad I bought mine before the newer models... Will do on the weather if I can get it to work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a new forest river riverstone. but i have the blue label.
    when i change the wifi name i lose the couch. once i put the myrv back it comes back. has anyone figured out a way around it?

im not sure why the wifi name matteres when its connected using ethernet.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast