User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    No problem at all, it's not the "normal world" of buy a router and call it a day. The stuff for RV's is a whole different spectrum of hardware and services. This is what I'm talking about:

https://winegard.com/products/cellul.../connect-2-4g2

It goes on the roof of the RV and lets you get cellular and WiFi signals on a single (consistent) WiFi name inside (and around) the RV. It'll take "Jellystone Park Wifi" and turn it into "OvertaxedRVWIFI". And then when I go to another park, it'll take "KOA_Wireless" and turn that, again, into "OvertaxedRVWIFI". You set everything in your rig to "OvertaxedRVWIFI" and then just make a single connection when you get to the park on the ConnecT device. And, of course, it has cellular as well, so if the park wifi stinks (it often does) you can just use that as you move from park to park. It has plenty of power to "light up" your truck with Wifi too, so you can use it on the road too. There are a lot of options here, the ConnecT is the "easy" version, there are much more sophisticated and powerful options out there if you need "more" (multiple SIM cards, multiple carriers, big antennas, etc).
    Thanks. Not sure I want to change the antenna yet. Lol.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched this video from Passion Highway that describes replacing the LCI OneConnect LTE modem with a Pepwave Max Transit CAT 18 router. I think he's replacing the black label unit, not the blue label one, but it seems this method would still apply.

https://youtu.be/i7Qpx_4d78I

Is this the kind of solution that Overtaxed & Ercklentz are describing?
    signature

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, that's it, in exhaustive detail. I wrote a post talking through the steps I took, it's not terribly difficult. The video is an awesome system, but it's also above the skill level of most. Very short version:

1) Get a Togo/Winguard ConnecT
    2) Open it up and connect an Ethernet cable from the Togo to the port on the OneControl router that's covered with a piece of tape (mine is marked WAN)
    3) Done

I didn't "replace" anything, I just gave the existing equipment a path to the Internet via something other than that (stupid expensive) LCI plan in the router. Works great, and it's been stable for close to a year now. I posted everything I did in some detail in here, if you have any questions, please bump that thread and I'll be happy to answer them.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OneConnect via my own router...

Quote Originally Posted by Ercklentz View Post
    It appears that Lippert has hard coded the system to only except an internet connection from the IP address 192.168.1.2 which is the IP of their router/cellular modem. In order to get the system to work with My router and internet connection I had to remove their router/cellular modem and use my Peplink router in its place. I unplugged all of the network cables from their router/cellular modem and disconnected the power and then connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular gateway. I then changed my router address to 192.168.1.2. In order to get the one control App to work I had to create a new SSID on my Router that matched the original SSID (MyRV_XXXXX) and I used the same password. I can now connect using the One Control app as before and I can also use the OneControl website and access the system remotely. I hope this helps you out and please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer. Cheers!
    Can you provide a little more detail on "unplugged network cables from their router/cellular modem" and "connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular Gateway"??? I have two boxes stuck to each other. The label on top says OneControl Cellular Gateway. The box on the bottom looks like an ethernet switch, has a SIM slot in the side and both ethernet ports and a WAN port (which was hidden under black electrician's tape). I assume the bottom device is their router/cellular modem?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I just got this going with the Blue Label One Control and my own LTE Router (GL-X750).

Give me a little time to test today and then I will take pics and explain what I did.

I did need an additional switch because my LTE Router only has 1 Lan port.

Quote Originally Posted by sckarolek View Post
    Can you provide a little more detail on "unplugged network cables from their router/cellular modem" and "connected network cables from my router to the LCI Cloud gateway and the Cellular Gateway"??? I have two boxes stuck to each other. The label on top says OneControl Cellular Gateway. The box on the bottom looks like an ethernet switch, has a SIM slot in the side and both ethernet ports and a WAN port (which was hidden under black electrician's tape). I assume the bottom device is their router/cellular modem?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichAP View Post
    I think I just got this going with the Blue Label One Control and my own LTE Router (GL-X750).

Give me a little time to test today and then I will take pics and explain what I did.

I did need an additional switch because my LTE Router only has 1 Lan port.
    Fingers crossed, hoping for a repeatable solution!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set your LTE Router address to 192.168.1.2 as mentioned in this thread.

Connect the top box and the box on the right to a small LAN Switch.

Then connect your LTE Router on its LAN Port to this same LAN Switch.

The bottom OneControl box is not used at all in this setup.

Lemme know if this makes sense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OneControl On Your Own Router.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	32969

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is clear and understandable. I can't wait to try it. My trailer is in the shop for some warranty work. I'll be on this like flies on a turd when I get it back. Thank you!

Steve

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichAP View Post
    Set your LTE Router address to 192.168.1.2 as mentioned in this thread.

Connect the top box and the box on the right to a small LAN Switch.

Then connect your LTE Router on its LAN Port to this same LAN Switch.

The bottom OneControl box is not used at all in this setup.

Lemme know if this makes sense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OneControl On Your Own Router.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	32969
    Sorry for the Necro, but I'm a little unfamiliar with this side of things as well. I currently have purchased a SIM card from AT&T and slid it into the side of our LCI One Connect, and after some fumbling around in the settings, i was finally able to give it internet access, and while it works great, and is very stable, it is pretty darn slow.

So i came across this thread, and I want to get my own LTE router to replace the LCI one like quoted above ^, but I dont know exactly which piece of equipment is compatible? I'm currently looking at THIS ONE on Amazon, as it seems it does everything needed, and even has the 2 external antenna attachments, so I can reuse the antenna that is already built into the trailer, right?

Now with this Router, what is the point of the "Small LAN Switch", and why not just run the 2 ethernet cables from the 2 required boxes, into the back of this new 4g LTE Router?

Thanks in advance for clearing up this little bit of info!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Lt.Dan, I notice the router you're asking about requires 120V power ... there's none near my OneControl gateway equipment.

There is 12V up there. I bought this 12V to 5V buck converter with USB outputs and spliced it into the 12V that's up there:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXZ06I4/

Then I added this USB powered ethernet switch:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148L7YI2/

And this USB powered 4GLTE router:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5KWZ3H/

I've had the router and switch in place for a while, haven't done the work to take the factory router out of the picture yet. Maybe tomorrow.

In addition to not wanting to find a way to get 120V up there, I'd rather power as much as possible from my 12V system to reduce the need for inverting when I'm not on shore power.
    Last edited by sckarolek; 07-31-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast