Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody&Tye View Post
    Hi - jumping into this discussion because we also just took our 2800BH Imagine to a state camp site and will need a longer extension BUT here's what happened to us - we plugged into the panel where they have a 30 amp outlet on the left and a 50 amp outlet on the right. When we unplugged today from the 30 amp after 3 days of camping- the plug was hot and melted slightly. Yikes is all we thought. Any ideas?
    Failing 30:amp receptacle at the pedestal with high resistance would cause heating up at the plug blades. It could either be a loose fit or corroded female end.

EDITED: you can simply replace the plug end https://www.progressiveindustries.net/tt-30p[
    Last edited by Jerryr; 03-19-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have traveled all over the US except the west coast. I can tell you from experience you need a 25-30 foot extension cord of the applicable size. In private campgrounds you can get into anything. I have had 50 foot runs to power more than once. Once I even had a site where the hookups were on the wrong side of the RV. If you travel much you will need the extension. Good luck!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only stayed at one place where my power cord wasn't long enough but I'm one of the "better to have it and not need it" guys so I carry an extension. I also have an extension for my sewer hose.
    Neil C.
    2670MK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the OP, my 2150RB has same rear power as your 2800BH. With the rear power you can wrap any excess around the spare to keep it out of the way. An extension is a must for power, water and sometimes sewer. Like you, I have an extension, used it twice in WA state parks for a back-in site, the power pedestal was near the road - assume less trenching required. I carry a 25Ft and 50Ft hose for water. Use the shorter to connect or once we needed to run a full 75ft. Have a 20ft sewer line and only once did I have to move to empty the tanks.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, for power here is what I carry, 50 amp power cord for the coach (30 ft), 30 amp power cord for an extension (25 ft) (had this as a generator cord and simply replaced both ends to create a 30 amp extension cord). I also carry a 50 ft 20 amp contractors extension cord for those really bad campgrounds or "Mooch Docking" situations we may one day find ourselves in. To make all this work I carry a supply of adapters; I have a 30 amp to 50 amp adapter, and a 20 amp to 30 amp adapter that allows me to connect all three extension cords into a single line if needed. I also carry a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter just in case the 50 amp plug is working and I need to use the 30 amp extension cord.

A good supply of adapters will help you in those situations where one plug is working, but the other is not. This happens all the time because people use the breakers as switches and they wear out constantly.

For those who have 50 amp coaches, you can get by with a 30 amp outlet much easier than you think; as long as you don't try to run all your heavy draw appliances simultaneously, for example: you can run a single A/C and your fridge, but you can not run your Microwave unless you shut one appliance off (in these cases we run our fridge on propane) you can also run both A/Cs as long as you don't try to run the water heater or fridge on electric.

I also carry two water hoses, 50ft and 25ft if I need a longer hose I will simply move the coach and fill the fresh water tank and use that.

I also have two (high quality) Sewer hoses, I am considering carrying a third Sewer Hose because some campground hookups are way far away from the coach.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've bought our reflection 29RS in 2015. Spent about 480 nights in it in campgrounds all over the country: Private, state, NP, and Forests. Never had a problem with 30'. However, outlet is about halfway down the side of my trailer. That helps a lot. It has reached everything we've run into. Back, Front, wrong side whatever.
    Bill Skinner, Buford GA
    2015 Reflection 29 RS
    2019 Ford F250 gas; 4.3 Diff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2800BH. In the 4 years of using it, I think I've needed the extension 2-3 times. So, not often but when you need it, you NEED it. Did a 25' extension.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    So, for power here is what I carry, 50 amp power cord for the coach (30 ft), 30 amp power cord for an extension (25 ft) (had this as a generator cord and simply replaced both ends to create a 30 amp extension cord). I also carry a 50 ft 20 amp contractors extension cord for those really bad campgrounds or "Mooch Docking" situations we may one day find ourselves in. To make all this work I carry a supply of adapters; I have a 30 amp to 50 amp adapter, and a 20 amp to 30 amp adapter that allows me to connect all three extension cords into a single line if needed. I also carry a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter just in case the 50 amp plug is working and I need to use the 30 amp extension cord.

A good supply of adapters will help you in those situations where one plug is working, but the other is not. This happens all the time because people use the breakers as switches and they wear out constantly.

For those who have 50 amp coaches, you can get by with a 30 amp outlet much easier than you think; as long as you don't try to run all your heavy draw appliances simultaneously, for example: you can run a single A/C and your fridge, but you can not run your Microwave unless you shut one appliance off (in these cases we run our fridge on propane) you can also run both A/Cs as long as you don't try to run the water heater or fridge on electric.

I also carry two water hoses, 50ft and 25ft if I need a longer hose I will simply move the coach and fill the fresh water tank and use that.

I also have two (high quality) Sewer hoses, I am considering carrying a third Sewer Hose because some campground hookups are way far away from the coach.
    I have pretty much the same as you. In fact I just installed an extra Valterra Sewer hose carrier. I have adapters for everything, 125" of water hose, 30' 30amp extension, AND 100 foot 115v cord - just in case. Last year I ended up in an "undesirable" site, with all of the hookups on the side toward the front of the rig. Apparently for easier access for the next site. Perfect for him, not so much for me. Had to use the 50amp and the 30amp extension, plus 75' of water hose. That happened twice last year, once it NY and once in PA .
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12