Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shore power cord Imagine 2800BH length

Just purchased an Imagine 2800 BH. Has anyone had an issue with the 30ft cord being long enough to reach the electric post at the campground. Since it connects in the rear have a little concern but it is 30'. Ready to make the maiden voyage. Don't like surprises and feel it is adequate for most campsites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the Imagine Skeeter and welcome to the forum! Lot’s of knowledge here so please ask your questions.

I think that a 30 foot shore power cord would be plenty for almost all situations. However, eventually you will find yourself in a campsite where a 31 foot cord is required. That’s why we carry another shorter cord, 20 feet I believe.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter55 View Post
    Just purchased an Imagine 2800 BH. Has anyone had an issue with the 30ft cord being long enough to reach the electric post at the campground. Since it connects in the rear have a little concern but it is 30'. Ready to make the maiden voyage. Don't like surprises and feel it is adequate for most campsites.
    Depends on what type of campgrounds you camp. For many State Parks where power is at the head of the site, it won't be long enough.

I've got both a longer 30A shore power and also a 30A extension up for sale in the sub-forum here, and both are like-new.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 25'. I ended buying a 30' extension just in case. It would really suck to get somewhere and not be able to reach the power box.

Same reason why I bought an addition water hose.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have camped in a lot of campgrounds ans most have the utilities in the middle of the site. That way you won't hit them parking or pulling out. It's also where most of the hookups are in most RV's If your cord is as long as the RV than you should be ok. I believe mine is 30' and I have never had a problem. I never carry another cord. Mine is however 50 amp.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 50amp unit, with the cord that came with it. I also have a 30amp extension, with an adapter. I used it 3 times last year. You never know!!! always have an extension. Same as always have an extra water hose. I had to use almost 75 feet last year in one State part in NY (just to fill my tank, not to stay hooked up).
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Thanks everyone for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    We have a 50amp unit, with the cord that came with it. I also have a 30amp extension, with an adapter. I used it 3 times last year. You never know!!! always have an extension. Same as always have an extra water hose. I had to use almost 75 feet last year in one State part in NY (just to fill my tank, not to stay hooked up).

Thanks everyone for your response. I have purchased a 30' extension cord. I see I also need an additional water hose also from the response. Ready to begin my adventures.

2018 Ram 1500 3.0L Diesel
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - jumping into this discussion because we also just took our 2800BH Imagine to a state camp site and will need a longer extension BUT here's what happened to us - we plugged into the panel where they have a 30 amp outlet on the left and a 50 amp outlet on the right. When we unplugged today from the 30 amp after 3 days of camping- the plug was hot and melted slightly. Yikes is all we thought. Any ideas?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have some type of surge protector device that will tell you if the socket is wired correctly?

If not I think everyone should have something so they know if the sockets are wired correctly before plugging into it.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plug that melted....was it the the shore power plug (supplied with your Imagine) or an adapter?
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast