Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp LivingAdventure's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trailer Pick-up Anticipation

I post in another forum where they have an "Anticipation Syndrome" thread, where people post their hilarious and embarrassing stories of how they look forward to their package arriving. I enjoy reading through that thread so much that I thought it might be fun for people to express similar excitement over the days leading up to taking possession of their new rigs!

Devon and I have made arrangements to pick up our Imagine 2150RB this coming Friday. We will be full-timing in our trailer by April 1 of this year, so I'm trying to clean and pack anything that we can move into the trailer this weekend ahead of our official move in date. Most of the stuff that goes in the pass-through storage compartment has been sorted into clear plastic snap-lid storage containers, and today I've been working on sanitizing all of our dishes and cutlery. All of our non-essential things were stored in our previous trailer, which had a mouse problem while it was stored over the winter; cleaning everything is necessary before moving it to our shiny new trailer.
    I've made checklists of what goes to the trailer this weekend, and what needs to be collected from around the house when we officially move into our trailer.

The dogs have been watching this progress with great concern.

There's literally a small mountain of snap-lid storage containers, organizer bins, and boxes already piled up and ready to go for the weekend... I cannot wait to move in to the trailer!

Allison
    Living a never-ending adventure together!
    2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport EcoDiesel
    2019 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The anticipation is the hardest part Allison. Waiting for spring is hard but waiting for a new camper is even harder.

I remember when we ordered our first camper. We went hog wild buying stuff for it before it came. We bought a lot of stuff that we never used and even some stuff that we couldn’t use because it didn’t fit or something. When we emptied it out before we traded for our new one, we found stuff that had been in it for 11 years and had never been used.

I haven’t learned. I spent the afternoon looking at catalogs looking for stuff we need. Of course we don’t need anything. Only 2 - 1/2 months of anticipation to go.

Good luck and have fun in the new rig!
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Setting Up Camp LivingAdventure's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    I remember when we ordered our first camper. We went hog wild buying stuff for it before it came. We bought a lot of stuff that we never used and even some stuff that we couldn’t use because it didn’t fit or something. When we emptied it out before we traded for our new one, we found stuff that had been in it for 11 years and had never been used.

Good luck and have fun in the new rig!
    Ugh I know how that goes. We emptied out our previous travel trailer and it’s still piled up in the living room. Sorting is a slow process.

Despite the boxes of things to go through, we have spent the past few days obsessively searching RV accessories and tools on Amazon. Things should start arriving by the end of the month...

We had to put off our pickup date due to a random blizzard. It was -20C and snowing like crazy this past weekend, so we rescheduled to this coming Friday instead. Sites are booked for April 1, counting down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living a never-ending adventure together!
    2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport EcoDiesel
    2019 Imagine 2150RB