Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generac iq3500 propane conversion

Last year we purchased this generator and it's been working fine, but I'm wondering about some kind of a conversion kit to propane. Has anyone done this? I saw some kits on amazon, just not sure 100% if it's the right thing.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run with Champion Power 76533 and I think it works pretty well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I converted my two Honda EU2000's to gas/propane and it works very well. Propane is very nice since it is clean and it is already available on the trailer, so it is very convenient. I also like it since you do not have to worry about stale gas in the generator. However, running heavy loads like air conditioners on propane can get to be pretty expensive. I find that you can run through a 30lb propane bottle in one day if it is hot out and you run the AC. So anytime I need to run heavy loads for any period of time, I switch to gas as it is way less expensive than propane. If I am just charging batteries and running some lights or the microwave, I pretty much use propane for the convenience.

Just something to keep in mind.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab