User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisabroad View Post
    hi everyone. This is my first time posting but i have been looking around the forums for awhile. My wife and i will be taking a trip across the us this summer from washington to minnesota, down to florida, back through texasand up through nevada. I have a 29' jayco eagle that i will be towing. As of right now my tow vehicle is a 2004 2500 avalanche. The gvw for the jayco is 7600 lbs. Am i going to be safe pulling this with the jayco? I was looking at a 1999 f350 super duty with the 6.8l motor as an alternative. If the avalanche isn't enough then will this be or do i need a diesel?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Chris
    i tow a 03 wilderness lite (gvw 7700) with a 06 gmc 2500 6.o gas engine sierra double cab. Gas mileage while towing is a respectable 8.5 over 3000 miles of varied terrain between northern nevada to central texas. Don't be afraid to run the rpm up to 4200 when you need to keep up the speed on the hills. Enjoy the trip

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    What Engine do you have in the truck? Anything 6.0 or bigger should be fine.
    If it’s a 2500 Avalanche, then it has an 8.1. That’s the only way they built the 2500. They offered the 6.0 briefly in the 1500, but the 2500 was only the big block. In which case you have a solid platform, and a solid plan keeping the trans cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12