Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
I would be really careful of modifying the solid steps. If you have to cut a 4-6" section out of the top of the step - in my opinion - you would be adding a ankle breaking hole right as you stepped out of the trailer. Maybe - if you are real good with a grinder and welder you could cut out the necessary area and weld a bracket so that it would be down when the stairs are down but be folded away when the steps are folded inside the trailer.

I think you would have to get the trailer at home and really look at the master bedroom steps and the Lippert solid steps to see what options that you have.

I'm not that good at cutting a straight line with a ruler and a guide. Some on this forum have done some amazing work on their trailers. I'd take pictures, draw plans and then post on here to see what the feedback would be. That's a whole bunch of money for the trailer and steps to make some cuts that might not get you the results you wanted.
I think it could be done in a safe way. I was just watching some YouTube rv review videos and I notice these toyhaulers with decks have removable steps by morryde. That just might be the ticket, they are a quick connect system. Steps can travel in the bed of my truck and look to weigh very little. This way you also still have the factory steps available for quick stops on the road. More research will need to be done but all I have now is time anyway...