User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 311 BHS Steps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

311 BHS Steps

Does anyone with a 311BHS have the Lippert Solid Step or MOR/ryde StepAbove steps on your rig? I want to get the steps but I think the stairs to the bedroom might be in the way for these to work. RV is still at the dealer in storage or I would go look/measure myself. I'd like to know if it's possible or not to get them installed before we pick it up...
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L
    B&W Companion non-slider Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t believe they will fit. There is another option available though they don’t look as good. On etrailer there are accordion type steps that fold in and out and extend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    I don’t believe they will fit. There is another option available though they don’t look as good. On etrailer there are accordion type steps that fold in and out and extend.

That's what I was afraid of. I've seen those accordion ones and I do not want to use those. I wonder if I could make the Lipperts or MOR/ryde work with an angle grinder... ugh.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. I've seen those accordion ones and I do not want to use those. I wonder if I could make the Lipperts or MOR/ryde work with an angle grinder... ugh.
    If you do share the process.

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the Torklift Glowsteps. A lot of people have them and really like them. Including us. They fit in place of the folding steps but go down tothe ground and are as solid as the one piece steps.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Have you looked at the Torklift Glowsteps. A lot of people have them and really like them. Including us. They fit in place of the folding steps but go down tothe ground and are as solid as the one piece steps.
    I have and I don't really like them. I remember using them or something like them years ago on a truck camper and not really liking how they felt. I do like how they stow and don't take a lot of room to open but just not sturdy enough for me. Thanks for the recommendation though.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have and I don't really like them. I remember using them or something like them years ago on a truck camper and not really liking how they felt. I do like how they stow and don't take a lot of room to open but just not sturdy enough for me. Thanks for the recommendation though.
    I wonder if they are being made a little differently now. I have been up and down the Glow Steps and the 1 piece and thought they were as solid as each other as they have feet that sit on the ground.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking in to the solid steps in February. I called GD customer service and parts and talked to them. They will not fit in the 2017-2020 311BHS without modifying the steps into the bedroom. What my service tech told me at ExploreUSA Sequin that they would have to cut 4-5 inches from the bottom step. After considering that I felt that would cause more of a safety hazard. I can just see me coming down the steps and stepping into that missing step and flying out the door!

There is an scissor design that will replace the current factory steps, but we didn't like the looks or the way they worked so we passed.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    I was looking in to the solid steps in February. I called GD customer service and parts and talked to them. They will not fit in the 2017-2020 311BHS without modifying the steps into the bedroom. What my service tech told me at ExploreUSA Sequin that they would have to cut 4-5 inches from the bottom step. After considering that I felt that would cause more of a safety hazard. I can just see me coming down the steps and stepping into that missing step and flying out the door!

There is an scissor design that will replace the current factory steps, but we didn't like the looks or the way they worked so we passed.
    Bummer, I am seriously thinking about buying a set and modifying it to fit around the step. I think it can be done with an angle grinder and a welder, I wonder if those steps are steel or aluminum? If I don't think I can get a mod to the steps to work I am going to see about ordering a narrower set of steps and just rig a way for them to latch up on the side that doesn't reach the wall. Whatever I end up doing you will all be the first to see the epic win or fail... First things first, I need to take deliver of the RV and get it home.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be really careful of modifying the solid steps. If you have to cut a 4-6" section out of the top of the step - in my opinion - you would be adding a ankle breaking hole right as you stepped out of the trailer. Maybe - if you are real good with a grinder and welder you could cut out the necessary area and weld a bracket so that it would be down when the stairs are down but be folded away when the steps are folded inside the trailer.

I think you would have to get the trailer at home and really look at the master bedroom steps and the Lippert solid steps to see what options that you have.

I'm not that good at cutting a straight line with a ruler and a guide. Some on this forum have done some amazing work on their trailers. I'd take pictures, draw plans and then post on here to see what the feedback would be. That's a whole bunch of money for the trailer and steps to make some cuts that might not get you the results you wanted.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast