User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    If you're asking if you should get the Solitude or the Reflection? Solitude is the right answer especially if you're going to be full time. I recently upgraded to the Solitude and absolutely love it as does DW.
    Thanks for your opinion it is very much appreciated.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I think you'll be ok with the SRW, but as "your guy" noted - it will not be as stable. There will be more give up in the side walls of the SRW but virtue of only two rear tires. That does not make it unbearable, just somewhat of an annoyance. Also, if I were going FT - Solitude man - no question!
    Thanks for your information. Before traveling I'm going to my tire shop and talking to them about tires on the truck and possibly new tires on the trailer since people have reported problems with stock tires as being poor quality.
    Case24

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by case24 View Post
    Thanks for your information. Before traveling I'm going to my tire shop and talking to them about tires on the truck and possibly new tires on the trailer since people have reported problems with stock tires as being poor quality.
    Case24
    I have 15 F250 and I towed about 15,000 miles the first year I got my truck new. I got about 50,000 from my stock tires. They were good tires from the start. Only thing I didn't like about them was they would pick up small stones in the tread. I got the Goodyears with Kevlar this time. Now they pick up larger stones LOL F150's have softer tires because they want them to ride like a car. They are more for pulling a boat and some plywood. SD trucks are bought for hauling heavy loads. So if your tires are bad than replace them. I would give it a tow first before dropping a couple grand on a new set of tires.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm not "unsure of purchase" now. We jumped in with both feet. We just bought a 2019 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3740BH. Today I had to listen to the salesman with the upsell of extended warranty, sealant and GAP. I could not even get a word in edgewise. I would try and ask a question and he kept talking over me with his pitch. After talking to my insurance broker and friends we have decided to turn down all of the upsell products. If I put the money away into an account and leave it then if something breaks we will have the money to pay for it. We are very excited and we are hoping the Canadian US border are open by Nov 1 and the COVID19 crisis is eradicated. To everyone who gave me advice and the assurances that I could pull this trailer THANK YOU!!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well I'm not "unsure of purchase" now. We jumped in with both feet. We just bought a 2019 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3740BH. Today I had to listen to the salesman with the upsell of extended warranty, sealant and GAP. I could not even get a word in edgewise. I would try and ask a question and he kept talking over me with his pitch. After talking to my insurance broker and friends we have decided to turn down all of the upsell products. If I put the money away into an account and leave it then if something breaks we will have the money to pay for it. We are very excited and we are hoping the Canadian US border are open by Nov 1 and the COVID19 crisis is eradicated. To everyone who gave me advice and the assurances that I could pull this trailer THANK YOU!!!
    Good job passing on the snake oil!
    We did the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When our salesman talked over my wife, she looked him right in the eye and said - louder than normal for her - "Excuse Me". He stopped talking...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They sure are pushy. He also quickly glossed over that life insurance was added in on the bill. The full premium + tax was added into the mortgage. So it was amortized over 19 years. I've never in my life paid for life insurance premiums upfront its always been paid monthly. I'm looking into this.
    Case24

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When its time for me to buy one I am going to have my financing all set up. If they can beat my C/U then lets see it. Funny thing though. You put $20,000 down and all that does is cover the taxes. Ain't that a B

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, and safe travels!
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Canada the only way you can finance a trailer is through the dealers. No one else in the bank branches will even talk to you even though it was financed through a major bank.
    Case24

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast