User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude auto level problem

Ok so this issue started a few months ago. I have a 2019 Solitude 375 with the Lippert 6 point hydraulic jacks. When I unhitch and go to autolevel the trailer the front jacks lower all the way and the display reads "grounding jacks". When the jacks hit bottom the hydraulic motor continues to run and it says "system error" or something to that affect. I've tried it while plugged in to shore power or not, battery voltage reads 13.2v when plugged in but drops to 12.0 when unplugged and hydraulic motor runs. Is the a simple procedure to re-learn the level point or something? I've found several youtube videos on the electric jack system but not on the hydraulic one. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks gang!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had my front jacks go all the way to the ground during auto level. I can't tell you what the problem is but if it happened to me, I would re-run the Zero Point Calibration. Hope you find a solution Jeff.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero Point Calibration
    The “Zero Point” is the programmed point that the trailer will return to each time the Auto Level feature is used. The “Zero Point” must be programmed prior to using the Auto Level feature to ensure the proper operation of the system. NOTE: Prior to starting this procedure, double check all connections on the controller, valve coils, jacks, and touch pad.
    1. Manually run the jacks to level the trailer. This is best achieved by placing a level in the center of the trailer and leveling it both front to back and then side to side.
    2. Once the trailer is level, turn off the touch pad.
    3. With the touch pad off, press and release the “FRONT” button ten (10) times and then press and release the “REAR” button ten (10) times.
    4. The touch pad will flash and beep and the display will read “ZERO POINT CALIBRATION ENTER to set, Power to Exit” (Fig.27).
    5. To set the current position as the zero point, press the “ENTER” button.
    6. LCD display will read “Zero Point stability check” (Fig.28).
    7. LCD display will read “Zero point set successfully” once process is complete (Fig.29).
    8. The system will set this point as its level state and the touch pad will turn off.

Edit: Obviously some controllers are different. This works for mine.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this is the issue but I've heard that if the nose is down a little when you press auto level it will not work correctly.
    What some have done is raised the nose up a little and then press auto level and it seemed to be ok.

My auto level did the same as yours at a few campgrounds but when I heard about what some has done to correct the issue it never did it again for me to try and see if the fix worked.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be worth getting your battery load tested. The hydraulic system does funny things without a good battery. When plugged in, you are seeing the charging voltage, and the converter doesnt put out enough power for the load of the hydraulic system, the hydraulic system is drawing off the battery and the converter is trying to top it off. If you have a lead acid battery reading 12.0 volts that equates to about 45% state of charge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I don't know if this is the issue but I've heard that if the nose is down a little when you press auto level it will not work correctly.
    What some have done is raised the nose up a little and then press auto level and it seemed to be ok.

My auto level did the same as yours at a few campgrounds but when I heard about what some has done to correct the issue it never did it again for me to try and see if the fix worked.
    The part about "if the nose is slightly below level" is very true. On mine, I've never had it lower all the way down when I push auto level, but instead it goes into a system error ....or something like that. When I'm hooked up and ready to tow, I am just ever so slightly below level. So when I unhitch, the first thing I do is raise the front of the trailer a bit (enough to know I'm above level in the front) and then do the auto level button and let it go to work levelling the trailer. Doing it this way causes your "hitch position" to be a little high, but I'm OK with that. So try raising it first before you auto level and see what happens.

And I agree with a previous poster....exactly 12 Volts and slightly under will cause issues with the auto level system. The hydraulic pump motor on mine will pull right at 70 Amps when operating the levelers/landing gear. That is enough current to cause the battery voltage to drop into 11.xx voltage range and cause issues....if the battery is only at 12 Volts starting out.
    Last edited by xrated; 03-12-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much to all that replied, I am going to try the reset the zero point thing first and then probably just replace the batteries, I'm thinking they've been discharged a few times before while at the dealer. It is always a little nose high when I unhitch and that's when I hit auto level. That's when it kneels down like a sick camel or something lol.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How far are the legs dropping when they bottom out? That happened to me once, I had blocks underneath the landing legs & Auto level dropped all the way down (only about 2-4 inches). Hooked back up, took the blocks out, cleared the trouble code & it leveled fine. It didn't have enough stroke to drop as far as it wanted to originally.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    How far are the legs dropping when they bottom out? That happened to me once, I had blocks underneath the landing legs & Auto level dropped all the way down (only about 2-4 inches). Hooked back up, took the blocks out, cleared the trouble code & it leveled fine. It didn't have enough stroke to drop as far as it wanted to originally.
    You know that's a great question and I never even considered it. I always use the Andersen red buckets under the landing gear so they don't stroke as much BUT I've always used them and it's worked fine until recently. Thank you for the suggestion though, I may try no buckets just to see.
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had this issue with electric system on my reflection. You may want to look at your site and adjust how far you drop the adjustable part of the front jacks before you unhitch, to help give your trailer enough stroke to work if the front has to really come down a lot to level. In other words if the site slopes down to the front, only drop the front jacks a notch or two before grounding them and unhitching. Hope that makes sense...let’s the front come down further before out of stroke.

I too use the red buckets but a few times that has caused the same problem. Learning opportunity for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast