User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Thank you so much to all that replied, I am going to try the reset the zero point thing first and then probably just replace the batteries, I'm thinking they've been discharged a few times before while at the dealer. It is always a little nose high when I unhitch and that's when I hit auto level. That's when it kneels down like a sick camel or something lol.
    Saw this thread when it first posted but have been distracted by all things pandemic related.

I wondered if I was the only one who's rig did the "sick camel" kneel. Mine does that EVERY time I autolevel, has done so commencing with the pre-inspection at the dealer. I was told that it was supposed to do that.

Even more concerning is that because we have a generator installed, the exhaust hangs down below the rig. When it "kneels" the exhaust pipe is shoved into the ground.

Since the first incident, I put a minimum of 6" of stabilizer blocks under the front legs every time in order to give the rig "kneeling" space. It is amazing to see the front legs retract all the way in each and every time I initiate an autolevel.

One thing I haven't done is reset the zero point calibration. Definitely going to give that a try.

I always enjoy and learn a ton from reading this site. Thanks.
    Jo & Susan
    2018 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorozier9 View Post
    Saw this thread when it first posted but have been distracted by all things pandemic related.

I wondered if I was the only one who's rig did the "sick camel" kneel. Mine does that EVERY time I autolevel, has done so commencing with the pre-inspection at the dealer. I was told that it was supposed to do that.

Even more concerning is that because we have a generator installed, the exhaust hangs down below the rig. When it "kneels" the exhaust pipe is shoved into the ground.

Since the first incident, I put a minimum of 6" of stabilizer blocks under the front legs every time in order to give the rig "kneeling" space. It is amazing to see the front legs retract all the way in each and every time I initiate an autolevel.

One thing I haven't done is reset the zero point calibration. Definitely going to give that a try.

I always enjoy and learn a ton from reading this site. Thanks.
    Morning Jo. Yes I was worried about the generator exhaust on mine as well. I always use the red Anderson buckets under my front landing gear so that guarantees at least 8 inches
    of extra clearance for the exhaust. My auto level works as it should after the zero point calibration reset but it still bottoms out the front jack at the start of the auto level process. Oh well, I'll just keep an eye on it but it does work much better with the reset and more importantly
    the new batteries. Good luck with yours.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My auto level works as it should after the zero point calibration reset but it still bottoms out the front jack at the start of the auto level process. Oh well, I'll just keep an eye on it but it does work much better with the reset and more importantly
    the new batteries. Good luck with yours.
    Something is obviously still out of whack. The front should not bottom out. I have found Lippert customer service very helpful in the past. May be worth it to give them a call and see what they advise. If you do, please update the thread with their recommendation or fix. Good luck.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Something is obviously still out of whack. The front should not bottom out. I have found Lippert customer service very helpful in the past. May be worth it to give them a call and see what they advise. If you do, please update the thread with their recommendation or fix. Good luck.
    Well that's what I thought because it never did it the first year I owned it. I will be hitching up tomorrow and spending the rest of the week at Koa here in town so I will have plenty of time to play with it. Will post back.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jorozier9, @Txfivver, by "bottom out" do you mean that the front jacks retract completely at the beginning of auto-leveling, or just that the trailer bows way down at the beginning before returning up to a more-level position?

Our trailer has done the latter since day one, I've never been concerned about it. I usually have 4"-6" of blocks under the jacks, and I don't use any of the smart memory features that are supposed to remember truck height or positions for a specific site, etc.

After unhooking the trailer is usually tipped up high at the nose. After pressing auto-level it usually dips steeply down - well below level - before returning back up to near-level and lowering the other jacks, after which it fine-tunes front-back and side-side level.

However I don't think it has ever dropped to the point where it completely retracted the front jacks, if that's what you mean. Close, within a couple or three inches sometimes, but AFAIK never all the way.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @jorozier9, @Txfivver, by "bottom out" do you mean that the front jacks retract completely at the beginning of auto-leveling, or just that the trailer bows way down at the beginning before returning up to a more-level position?

Our trailer has done the latter since day one, I've never been concerned about it. I usually have 4"-6" of blocks under the jacks, and I don't use any of the smart memory features that are supposed to remember truck height or positions for a specific site, etc.

After unhooking the trailer is usually tipped up high at the nose. After pressing auto-level it usually dips steeply down - well below level - before returning back up to near-level and lowering the other jacks, after which it fine-tunes front-back and side-side level.

However I don't think it has ever dropped to the point where it completely retracted the front jacks, if that's what you mean. Close, within a couple or three inches sometimes, but AFAIK never all the way.
    This has been my experience as well. After 5 years and 25,000 plus miles, i have never had reason to reset the zero point and it always levels as it should.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boyscout yes that's exactly what mine does, bows down then raises up to a little lower than unhitch height then lowers the middle and rear jacks and starts leveling itself. If that's what its supposed to do then I guess everything's ok. I'll just consider it as if it's bowing down in respect to it's new monster tow vehicle LOL!
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has always only made the necessary corrections to get level front to back then drop back 4 jacks to level side to side after unhitch. Then will tweak front or sides if necessary. Could be a difference in software maybe?
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just consider it as if it's bowing down in respect to it's new monster tow vehicle LOL!
    You just gotta keep rubbing that F-450 in my face, don't-cha?! I'm ALREADY very envious, believe me.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @boyscout Both, the front jacks completely retrack before returning to a more level position. I had the horror of watching my brand new generator exhaust ground into a concrete pad. Turns out an exhaust pipe is no substitute for a 5th wheel stablilizing jack. Now with 5 or 6 blocks up front when it dips I get an inch or two clearance before it lifts and levels off.
    Jo & Susan
    2018 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast