Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design Imagine 18RBE

Brand new to RVing! Hoping to purchase a GD Imagine -- probably 18RBE -- since that is about the right size. Any comments on towing with a Toyota Tundra? Any comments on what to ask for or avoid?

Thanks!
    Tammy and Dave
    and Honey Dog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tammy and Dave, I don't know about the towing capacity of your Toyota, but as an example I have a 2019 2500RL Imagine that I am towing with a 2014 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 ecoboost (3.5L). My F150 has the trailer package on it which I'm glad it does. That package includes the trailer brake controls and works great to keep the trailer from passing me on the road. I feel the F150 (1/2 ton) is right at its limits. I did add Firestone air bags and Bilstein rear shocks to address the "spongy" bouncing and they helped a lot. I also have a Blue Ox SwayPro trailer hitch setup that helps with the tongue weight (to level the truck to trailer). With my size trailer, I will bump up my truck to a 3/4 ton when its time for new truck. I have put 2,000+ miles on the trailer now with this set up and I haven't had any issues, but I will be more at ease with a heavier truck. Brad