User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    Seems odd to me that Good Sam can stop TSD from getting a discount when they are just one of many trucking companies using EFS cards and through this get a volume discount. That TSD offers cards to anyone they approve is the only difference between them and other trucking/logistics companies. Is Pilot/FJ really going to shoot themselves in the foot by not giving trucking companies that use EFS a discount just to get the Good Sam business, seems like trucking would bring in more revenue than Good Sam. Maybe I don't understand how this all works but that is how I understood the program??
    Good Sam and Pilot/Flying J have had a contract with each other for years, apparently, that contract had an exclusivity clause in it which Good Sam has chosen to invoke. There is nothing wrong with Good Sam requesting that Pilot/FJ honor their contract terms. It sucks for those of us who have the TSD/EFS cards, but, commercial drivers who have the TSD/EFS cards will not be effected, only those who have been added to TSD Logistics through their RV program will not be able to use the TSD/EFS cards at Pilot/FJ.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rvtravel.com/diesel-939/

Check out the above article, it appears Pilot is cutting ties completely with TSD, so this affects commercial drivers as well as RV drivers. It could have originated with the Good Sam debacle, but we will never officially know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is from TSD's web site.

"As of the end of the week, Pilot is officially retracting their discounts from our program due to their relationship with Good Sams. Good Sams has an exclusive contract with Pilot which prevents them from giving any discounts to the RV community through any other means. Every other discount is still in place."

Has anyone used the Pacific Pride stations? Price ? KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IDwanderers View Post
    It appears that Good Sam's exclusive discount program with Pilot/Flying J has ended the use of the TSD cards for RVers at these stations. Search: rvtravel/diesel-938/

Good news is it still works at Love's which in my experience had the best discount.
    OK, I'm ignorant - what's a TSD card?

Just a point - we got the Good Sam discount using our GS card at Flying J in Barstow, CA on March 13.

EDIT: I guess this is for diesel. We use gas in our truck.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict there wil be a lot of truckers pissed off at RVers. They were getting the TSD discount from Pilot with no issues. It was only when RVers started to talk about it on all major sites that Good Sam became aware of it and clamped down on Pilot. Only way pilot can effectively control it is to pull out of the plan entirely. I predict their sales will take a huge hit as truckers find out they can't get a discount either from Pilot.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put in my application today. Wish me luck.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    I predict there wil be a lot of truckers pissed off at RVers. They were getting the TSD discount from Pilot with no issues. It was only when RVers started to talk about it on all major sites that Good Sam became aware of it and clamped down on Pilot. Only way pilot can effectively control it is to pull out of the plan entirely. I predict their sales will take a huge hit as truckers find out they can't get a discount either from Pilot.

Mike
    I agree with you and was thinking immediately that this could be the end for the TSD card for us. What percent of TSD's total spend is RV vs truckers? IDK, but, if it's 10% RVs and 90% trucks, and they can give their truckers back the discount by kicking the RV'ers out? Well, that seems like it could be an easy decision for them to boot us. Now, if it's 10/90 (most of their sales are to RV'ers) I don't think we have much to worry about, they'll try to "fix it" with Good Sam and hopefully they will. But if we're a small percentage of sales and, because of us, they just lost 1/2 their fuel network... I hope not, but it could be the beginning of the end for us with TSD.

And perhaps it'll go the way you say above, maybe Pilot will say "we're losing a lot of money here" because truckers aren't stopping there and will pull out of the Good Sam agreement. That would be the best possible result for all of us, the Good Sam discount is laughable compared to TSD (honestly, it's insulting, because if TSD can do it at such a huge discount and Good Sam is bigger (which I have to believe they are), where the heck is the rest of the discount!), and losing that discount would be a non-issue for most of us (and for those who it is an issue, won't be for long when they find out about TSD).
    Last edited by Overtaxed; 03-15-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can't help wondering if Good Sam is making any money of us filling up at Pilot/Flying J.
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampton View Post
    i can't help wondering if Good Sam is making any money of us filling up at Pilot/Flying J.
    Well, if Good Sam has negotiated discounts that are anything like TSD, they're making a LOT of money on those fill ups. TSD is usually 50c to 90c cheaper (per gallon) than the posted price. Good Sam is what, a few cents? And I'd be shocked if they aren't on the backside, paying about what TSD does for fuel. If that's the case, they are losing a lot of money by people not using their card and going to TSD. Now, of course, before you weep for them, they COULD offer a deal more like TSD, huge discounts and they keep 10% of the savings. I'd be all for that. And, if they're not getting "TSD level" discounts? Contract with TSD! Pretty darn easy to get those discounts, just run it through them, I'm sure they'd love it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Good Sam card and 3 cents isn't enough of a savings and you have to go inside to use the card. TSD wil;l be much easier if you can just use it at any pump even those with all those numbers on it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast