User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I have the Good Sam card and 3 cents isn't enough of a savings and you have to go inside to use the card. TSD wil;l be much easier if you can just use it at any pump even those with all those numbers on it.
    If you have the Good Sam RV Plus Card (it is a Credit card direct with Pilot/FJ) you get 8 cents a gallon discount and you can start the commercial (truckers) pumps with the card without going inside to ask the cashier to start the pump.

The RV Plus card also gives you a better discount on Propane and Dump fees.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    If you have the Good Sam RV Plus Card (it is a Credit card direct with Pilot/FJ) you get 8 cents a gallon discount and you can start the commercial (truckers) pumps with the card without going inside to ask the cashier to start the pump.

The RV Plus card also gives you a better discount on Propane and Dump fees.
    Oh I don't have that card LOL
    I guess I need another card.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    Oh I don't have that card LOL
    I guess I need another card.
    I do have it. You don't need it for fuel. 8c a gallon is an insult compared to the 50-90 cents I get with TSD. I've literally NEVER used my Good Sam discount since getting TSD. It's often 10X the discount offered by Good Sam.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I do have it. You don't need it for fuel. 8c a gallon is an insult compared to the 50-90 cents I get with TSD. I've literally NEVER used my Good Sam discount since getting TSD. It's often 10X the discount offered by Good Sam.
    While what you said is true, Pilot has stopped the TSD Logistics discount program (the EFS card will still activate the pumps, but you will not receive any discount).

At least with the Good Sam RV Plus Card you can receive a reasonable discount if there is only a Pilot in the area where you need fuel. $.08 cents is better than nothing when you need fuel.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    While what you said is true, Pilot has stopped the TSD Logistics discount program (the EFS card will still activate the pumps, but you will not receive any discount).

At least with the Good Sam RV Plus Card you can receive a reasonable discount if there is only a Pilot in the area where you need fuel. $.08 cents is better than nothing when you need fuel.
    I'm not sure I consider 8c a "reasonable" discount when TSD does so much better, but, the rest, I agree. Really sucks for me, I have a Pilot right down the street from me, Loves is a few miles in the other direction. But considering it's a 30-40 dollar savings every time I fill up, I'm willing to make the drive. Really annoyed that this is gone and even more annoyed that Good Sam is the issue.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used the TSD Card at Pacific Pride or CFN Station? Price ??? Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found out about the Pilot/Flying J Saturday when I stopped. It worked a week ago Saturday. I went across the street to a TA and got diesel for 1.98!! I don't have a TA anywhere near me when I get back home but for now I'm loving it. My go to has always been Loves. I like the stores and I like the discount. I think Pilot/Flying J will figure it out - that they are going to lose a lot of revenue.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta2.0 View Post
    Found out about the Pilot/Flying J Saturday when I stopped. It worked a week ago Saturday. I went across the street to a TA and got diesel for 1.98!! I don't have a TA anywhere near me when I get back home but for now I'm loving it. My go to has always been Loves. I like the stores and I like the discount. I think Pilot/Flying J will figure it out - that they are going to lose a lot of revenue.
    I hope so. Love to see them cut their relationship with Good Sam and get back into the TSD program. And I suspect a LOT of truckers and other RV drivers would as well. And that's likely all it will take, more people wanting TSD discounts than Good Sam. Perhaps there's no "out" in the contract, but I have to believe that FJ is looking for some way to end that program pronto, I know I would be!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even live close to a truck stop. I do however pass them on the highway. I see the green numbers and man they are sure expensive looking/ Please feel sorry for me. Diesel in Ca is still $3.49

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I hope so. Love to see them cut their relationship with Good Sam and get back into the TSD program. And I suspect a LOT of truckers and other RV drivers would as well. And that's likely all it will take, more people wanting TSD discounts than Good Sam. Perhaps there's no "out" in the contract, but I have to believe that FJ is looking for some way to end that program pronto, I know I would be!
    That wouldn't help those of use who don't use diesel, does it? We use FlyingJ (or Pilot, if we have to) as much as possible due to the small discount on the price with Good Sam. I hope Good Sam keeps the relationship.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast