User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use of TSD Logistics Card Stopped at Pilot/Flying J

It appears that Good Sam's exclusive discount program with Pilot/Flying J has ended the use of the TSD cards for RVers at these stations. Search: rvtravel/diesel-938/

Good news is it still works at Love's which in my experience had the best discount.
    Lyle & Cathy plus Boomer (English Lab)

2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2016 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie Limited 4X4
    6.7 Cummins with Aisin Transmission

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, appears that way. Terrible news for me, the station I use(d) most is a Pilot, about 2 miles from my house. I'll be driving to Loves now, the TSD discount is just "too much" to give up (about 20 bucks filling up my tank in the truck!).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just got a survey from TSD via email reference the gas program. was only a few questions. i filled it out and sent it in.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just got a survey from TSD via email reference the gas program. was only a few questions. i filled it out and sent it in. several of the questions related to Loves and Pilot. Loves was always my choice with TSD fuel because it was cheaper than pilot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really limits my use of the card locally for me also. Just to clarify the OP comment, the discount you are referring is the TSD discount at Pilot/FJ, not he 5 cent discount with my Goodsam card, right? I have my card via FMCA and Pilot is no longer an options when I look up stations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems odd to me that Good Sam can stop TSD from getting a discount when they are just one of many trucking companies using EFS cards and through this get a volume discount. That TSD offers cards to anyone they approve is the only difference between them and other trucking/logistics companies. Is Pilot/FJ really going to shoot themselves in the foot by not giving trucking companies that use EFS a discount just to get the Good Sam business, seems like trucking would bring in more revenue than Good Sam. Maybe I don't understand how this all works but that is how I understood the program??
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L
    B&W Companion non-slider Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    Seems odd to me that Good Sam can stop TSD from getting a discount when they are just one of many trucking companies using EFS cards and through this get a volume discount. That TSD offers cards to anyone they approve is the only difference between them and other trucking/logistics companies. Is Pilot/FJ really going to shoot themselves in the foot by not giving trucking companies that use EFS a discount just to get the Good Sam business, seems like trucking would bring in more revenue than Good Sam. Maybe I don't understand how this all works but that is how I understood the program??
    That was my point in previous post. Good Sam is just an affiliate just like FMCA. They have no bearing or impact on the operations of TSD nor their contractual relationships. All Goodsam has done is labeled their card for promotional purposes and may get a kickback from TSD. I was asking for clarification if the OP was using the Good Sam discount card along with the TSD. That is, get the 3 cents discount off the TSD arranged discount price for diesel. I've not tried that yet or to even know if it works. I've talked to someone at TSD on how thier program works. They basically get into fuel contracts with the fuel retailers. They are not ongoing and need to be renegotiated. I believe the rep said they buy based on volume. If anyone knows more or better please post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MooManChoo I was referencing the article in rvtravel.com. Sorry, I couldnt figure out how to include a link in the original post from my Android tablet. Https://rvtravel.com/diesel-938/ is the link.

I have not tried my TSD card since this came out. As I understand it, Pilot/Flying J must have some type of contractual agreement with Good Sam to offer the Good Sam discount. It appears this is the only RV discount they are allowed to have. Therefore, when Good Sam found out that TSD card users were getting a discount at Pilot/Flying J they cried foul.

I don't understand how this will be implemented. I don't understand when paying at the pump, how the system would know it is an RVer and not a commercial truck. I have not received any information from TSD.

My plan is to avoid Pilot and Flying J. Their meager discount with the Good Sam card is a drop in the bucket to what I get with the TSD card at Love's.
    Lyle & Cathy plus Boomer (English Lab)

2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2016 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie Limited 4X4
    6.7 Cummins with Aisin Transmission

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked at the EFS price locator and sure enough no Pilot/Flying J. I went to Pilot/Flyingj for 8 cents a gallon. Gonna start going to Loves for 80 cents a gallon. Also will not be renewing my Good Sam membership.
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was also disappointed to learn that Pilot/Flying J no longer gives a discount due to Good Sam. I don't remember exactly what info I gave TSD when I signed up but they must know that I want the discount for towing my travel trailer (though I use my truck FAR MORE for business than recreational towing) and therefore I fall into the "Good Sam zone." Of course independent long-haul truckers will still get the Pilot/Flying J discount but I'm seriously bummed to be shut out of the TSD program at those stations.

The Good Sam only gives an 8 cent discount off the credit retail price - which in these parts is still around $3 a gallon - so the Good Sam program is a non-starter for me. There are a number of TA, Petro and Loves truck stops around me but looking at some of the routes we'll be taking this year with our Imagine those truck stops are REALLY spread out. But there are Pilot/Flying J's all along our routes. Disappointing for sure.

I've saved a TON of money on fuel this winter on my business trips (I travel January thru March pretty much continuously) and the most I've paid is $2.42/gallon on PA. This week I paid the lowest at a Loves - only $2.02/gallon. I'm really thankful for the savings from TSD and hope they can continue to provide discounts at the existing truck stops and maybe can add some new truck stop chains to their program.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast