User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Contol Flashing Light

I was doing some prepping for an upcoming trip and noticed I had a red flashing light on my slide control panel in the pass through. It was blinking red. There is a legend on the panel regarding how many blinks but not sure how to count the blinks since it is continuous. I checked all the slides and they worked. I'm guessing maybe the battery was a bit low and that is one of faults. I have a picture of the panel but don't know how to post it. Any experience on this one in the group?

model: 303 res

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine blinks red when the trailer is not level. IE: when the rear is low the lower light on the control panel blinks red. If the RH side is low the RH light blinks.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    I was doing some prepping for an upcoming trip and noticed I had a red flashing light on my slide control panel in the pass through. It was blinking red. There is a legend on the panel regarding how many blinks but not sure how to count the blinks since it is continuous. I checked all the slides and they worked. I'm guessing maybe the battery was a bit low and that is one of faults. I have a picture of the panel but don't know how to post it. Any experience on this one in the group?

model: 303 res
    Are you referring to the 3.0 leveling system? That blinks to show which corner is out of level (like previous post). That is located on front wall of basement.

If you are referring to the Schwintek slide for the bedroom slide which is mounted on the ceiling, then there is a code of so many green and red flashes. There are up to 9, I think different codes and problems. Mine has an intermittent red flash which shows a grounding issue and cannot find the problem. One of the symptoms of that is when you push the #3 bedroom slide out once.....and nothing happens. By pushing it again, it clears the fault and works. The blinking will stop. This is per mfg. This has been reported by other members here. The info and code description was found on line through Lippert.

Let us know which problem you have?
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly what is going on with mine. When I went to put the bedroom slide out it didn't move the first time then worked fine when I tried it again. Are you saying there isn't a fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    Are you referring to the 3.0 leveling system? That blinks to show which corner is out of level (like previous post). That is located on front wall of basement.

If you are referring to the Schwintek slide for the bedroom slide which is mounted on the ceiling, then there is a code of so many green and red flashes. There are up to 9, I think different codes and problems. Mine has an intermittent red flash which shows a grounding issue and cannot find the problem. One of the symptoms of that is when you push the #3 bedroom slide out once.....and nothing happens. By pushing it again, it clears the fault and works. The blinking will stop. This is per mfg. This has been reported by other members here. The info and code description was found on line through Lippert.

Let us know which problem you have?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops, sorry about my post. I guess I didn't read your thread title correctly....aahh old age isnt it wonderful..
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly what is going on with mine. When I went to put the bedroom slide out it didn't move the first time then worked fine when I tried it again. Are you saying there isn't a fix for this?
    Ok, glad we figured out which flashing light is the problem.

Mine has been doing this since new, and originally I did not think much about it. About 6-12 months ago, in the garage while semi dark, I happened to see red lights blinking and I could not figure out what it was. In looking around, I looked up (since you can't see that controller unless you tweak your neck around). Anyway, I read up on it and mine is 9 red then 1 green, which is the grounding issue. Reading on Lippert website, it looks like MOST times it is a bad motor on the slide. There are two on the Schwinteck, one on each upper corner. Those are the ones that have to be synced like when you open and close the slide (where you have to hold the button after it appears to have completed its action.

I don't have the info with me but go into the website and there is some explanation about the Morse Code of the different sequence of colors.....fairly simple. If I can find it, I will try to forward it up here. Others on the forum might already have it handy. Anyway, the motor is the one that pops out fairly simply after removing a screw. I had a real hard time getting into the position to do it and I think it required removing some of the interior slide seal or wiper seal. Also, you have to determine which motor is bad (again, I am only referencing this as to if this your problem). Everything about this blinking light sequence refers to something electrical, so there may be other battery, grounding, shorts etc. causing an issue.

The one and only reason that mine still has this problem is that it mostly works flawlessly and I did not want to just change out a motor and see if it works ok. This is probably a bad move on my part, but again, this is fairly infrequent. In light of the high quality of electronics of these trailers, it could go bad any time.

There is some older post topic here about this problem so at least a few users had the same problem. I remember discussing it. I will look and try to find more to help you. If, for now, all it needs is 1-2 pushes on the switch, then at least it functions. Again, per mfg. that is the "cure" to reset it! That's what I read.
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I received from LCI last summer:

Motor one would be determined by how the OEM wires the motors in. Usually motor one is on the on the left side, when facing the coach from the outside. If you unplug motor 2 harness at the controller and operate the slide, this will confirm which side is motor 1.

As far as the code goes, it can be a pinched wire, a faulty connection at the harness and motor (loose wire or pin coming out of harness or pin on top of motor is barely touching) or it can be a faulty motor. To be sure, you can unplug the harness and do a continuity test from end to end. Send power on one end and make sure what you send, is what you receive on the other end. If there are no breaks in the wire, then the motor is the issue. I have added a few links below that will assist in testing. If you have any questions, you can email me back or you can call into our tech dept at 574-537-8900 and speak with our phone techs as well

The motors I am not sure which ones you have. You will need to look at the color of the caps on the motors to determine which ones you currently have installed. If they are black, then they are 300:1 motors. If they have a clear/white cap, then they are 500:1 motors.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001602.pdf
    https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001769.pdf
    https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001771.pdf
    https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002058.pdf

Ok, FRT8FLYER, that's all I have. Hope that helps.
    Jim
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Gold, appreciate you digging this up. Now I have more work to do!