User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Andersen hitch is in

Today I installed the Andersen fifth wheel connection-gooseneck mount #3220-TBX. Replaced the Curt A16 hitch with the wedge for the turning point pin box.
    PRO easy putting in and easy taking out of the bed,7 inches of clearance over the bed rails,CONS rv will hit the cab of the truck [practice backing up into some spots with no problem and did some city driving with out a problem],you have to raise the pin box up 5 feet to clear the ball, Time will tell if it was worth it.Bought the hitch 800.00 and safety chain 139.00 from Hitchstop.com.
    Pat and Bill with Kaycee the Shar-Pei Hound and Abby the Shar-Pei Beagle in our hearts.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 295RL
    2023 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3 Godzilla 3.73 locking axle
    Andersen Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any follow up experiences on this?

I'm considering the Andersen in a Ram Megacab 3500 dually. It has a 6'4" bed, so I was initially considering a slider. The coach will be a GD M399th. It's a beast.

I'd rather buy once and cry once, so want to get it right the first time. Also, the last thing I want to do is bang the cab on a brand new leased truck.

Your thoughts?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Andersen with our 303rls / Chevy 2500HD. Love it so far. The 5 foot raaise is not an issue for us as the "auto level" mode on 303 almost requires that starting height to perform consistently.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very tempted to get the AUH for my Reflection 28BH. Tongue weight as posted by GD is about 1600 lbs. My truck has the 8 ft bed. I'm sick and tired of loading stuff around the Reese 27.5k hitch. I don't need that much capacity anyway and I'd rather have my truck bed BACK. Any reason not to go with the AUH in my case?
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I'm very tempted to get the AUH for my Reflection 28BH. Tongue weight as posted by GD is about 1600 lbs. My truck has the 8 ft bed. I'm sick and tired of loading stuff around the Reese 27.5k hitch. I don't need that much capacity anyway and I'd rather have my truck bed BACK. Any reason not to go with the AUH in my case?
    I wouldn’t think twice about getting one. I have a 28bh with the Pullrite 2600 and I love it. I’ve only got the 6.75’ bed in my F250 and have to be careful with hitting the cab. So you’d be laughing with the long bed.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    I wouldn’t think twice about getting one. I have a 28bh with the Pullrite 2600 and I love it. I’ve only got the 6.75’ bed in my F250 and have to be careful with hitting the cab. So you’d be laughing with the long bed.
    Awesome. I look forward to reclaiming my truck bed!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh