Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No heat from bed vent

Hi all,

New Imagine XLS 22MLE.

The heater vents in the kitchen and bathroom (rear of trailer) both crank out heat great. There is a vent in the bed pedestal that blows clod air when the heater is on, but no heat. Anyone have any experience with this? I assume the fan is post heater, and so is blowing non heated air if somehow the heat is blocked from that duct. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Currently just blocking that vent at night to keep from freezing. ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like that duct is not connected in the basement and the cold air is coming from an open duct pressurizing the basement and finally making it's way to the duct and vent you're referencing..

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BudinAZ View Post
    Sounds like that duct is not connected in the basement and the cold air is coming from an open duct pressurizing the basement and finally making it's way to the duct and vent you're referencing..
    Thanks Bud. Talked to a tech at the dealership and we came to the same conclusion. Since I'm not about to drop the belly out of a new RV, it means a trip to my dealership when I get home.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGriz View Post
    Thanks Bud. Talked to a tech at the dealership and we came to the same conclusion. Since I'm not about to drop the belly out of a new RV, it means a trip to my dealership when I get home.
    You should not have to drop the belly. Pull the basement wall and you should have access to the duct work.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, turns out it isn't as much a warranty issue as it is a design issue. The heater has 2 ducts coming off one side to kitchen and bath (short distance). The other side has a short duct into the underbelly, and a long (smaller diameter) duct to the bed pedestal. So much of the airflow is taken from the 3 short ducts at the rear of the trailer, that there is nothing left for the bed. Dealer said on previous trailers with this complaint, they blocked off the underbelly duct completely. I asked them to block 3/4 as I still want heat around the tanks in the colder nights, but that should free-up some heated air/pressure to make the long journey up to the front of the trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    You should not have to drop the belly. Pull the basement wall and you should have access to the duct work.
    Hi Geoff. ON my model, there was no access through the basement wall. In fact the area where the issue was, is t the very rear of the trailer. The dealer did pull the belly (as did I earlier to look at where the duct went up into the bed pedestal). Just a poor design trying to pump air the length of the trailer, when 3/4 of it is being consumed at the rear.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, turns out it isn't as much a warranty issue as it is a design issue. The heater has 2 ducts coming off one side to kitchen and bath (short distance). The other side has a short duct into the underbelly, and a long (smaller diameter) duct to the bed pedestal. So much of the airflow is taken from the 3 short ducts at the rear of the trailer, that there is nothing left for the bed. Dealer said on previous trailers with this complaint, they blocked off the underbelly duct completely. I asked them to block 3/4 as I still want heat around the tanks in the colder nights, but that should free-up some heated air/pressure to make the long journey up to the front of the trailer.
    I had similar issues with my 2800bh. I replaced my vent covers with adjustable vent covers so now I can adjust my airflow to what my needs are at any given time.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I had similar issues with my 2800bh. I replaced my vent covers with adjustable vent covers so now I can adjust my airflow to what my needs are at any given time.
    Where did you get your adjustable vents? The dealership was going to call GD to ask for some for my rig. Seems reasonable to close off the bathroom completely, and the kitchen about halfway at night.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get your adjustable vents? The dealership was going to call GD to ask for some for my rig. Seems reasonable to close off the bathroom completely, and the kitchen about halfway at night.
    I ordered these from Amazon:

Valterra Black A10-3353VP Rotating/Dampered Heating and A/C Register-4" ID x 5-3/8" OD
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I ordered these from Amazon:

Valterra Black A10-3353VP Rotating/Dampered Heating and A/C Register-4" ID x 5-3/8" OD
    Thanks Matt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast