User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onan P4500i Generator

Has anyone used the Onan P4500i generator? I'd like to get some opinions on the quality and noise level vs the Honda models. I'm in the market and comparing the Honda 2200i to this one, the price is in the ballpark and the power delivered is about double to the Honda. Thanks in advance.

Ron
    Last edited by ardeaitch; 03-13-2020 at 06:04 PM.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS Fifth Wheel
    2016 Ford F-250 Diesel King Ranch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have one and am pleased with it.

A little too heavy to move around myself.

Used last weekend while boondocking and it ran well. 34 hours).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. They’re on backorder right now, but I ordered one that should be here in a couple weeks. Looking forward to using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering how you like the Onan 4500i generator? I have one on order for my Reflection 303RLS. The power and price sound great over the Honda, but want to hear from someone actually using it. Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still waiting on mine too. Back ordered since May... It’s supposed to arrive around mid-August. You’re right, I was sold on power, price and reviews. Hope it’s as good as they say!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returned from 3 week trip; mostly boondocking. My wife is not much of a boondocker, so I have 140+ hours now on the Onan. Fortunately, the solar kept her happy until the a/c was needed.

I purchased a 50 amp to 30 and 15 amp adapter for my Solitude for parks that did not have 50 amp service.

The cord was used to run both a/cs. 4500i wouldn’t run two a/c units. I connected the 4500i to the 30 amp plug and ganged two Honda 2000s to the 15 amp side. Both a/c units purred along.

However, the single Onan was quieter than the two Hondas. This made sense since the Onan was purring away at around 1750 and the Hondas were up on step.

So far, happy camper. Only issue is remote. It can be touchy. I had to hold the button for an extended time to get it to work. When I was ready to leave my last location, it would not remotely start. I had to walk out to the Onan and push the button! Just a little exercise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardeaitch View Post
    I’m still waiting on mine too. Back ordered since May... It’s supposed to arrive around mid-August. You’re right, I was sold on power, price and reviews. Hope it’s as good as they say!

Thanks! I hope so too! I did call the customer service line and they assured me the generators are made in Wisconsin, which I wanted, made in USA.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&S Tyner View Post
    Thanks! I hope so too! I did call the customer service line and they assured me the generators are made in Wisconsin, which I wanted, made in USA.
    Not so sure about the 4500i. Appears to be same as Westinghouse and others. Made by Ducar in China.

Hope I am wrong.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Traveler View Post
    Just returned from 3 week trip; mostly boondocking. My wife is not much of a boondocker, so I have 140+ hours now on the Onan. Fortunately, the solar kept her happy until the a/c was needed.

I purchased a 50 amp to 30 and 15 amp adapter for my Solitude for parks that did not have 50 amp service.

The cord was used to run both a/cs. 4500i wouldn’t run two a/c units. I connected the 4500i to the 30 amp plug and ganged two Honda 2000s to the 15 amp side. Both a/c units purred along.

However, the single Onan was quieter than the two Hondas. This made sense since the Onan was purring away at around 1750 and the Hondas were up on step.

So far, happy camper. Only issue is remote. It can be touchy. I had to hold the button for an extended time to get it to work. When I was ready to leave my last location, it would not remotely start. I had to walk out to the Onan and push the button! Just a little exercise.
    Do you happen to have micro air easy starts on your air conditioners?

2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Anderson ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    Micro-air easy start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the solution to any problems with running AC. Either a Micro Air or SoftStartRV on both AC units and they can be run without a Jules Verne solutions to hooking them up.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast