User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big fan of the memory foam movement. I just haven't found anything to my liking. Now in saying that I have slept on a Memory foam topper we had in the TT before this that worked with that mattress. The one we bought for this mattress did not work at all. DW got a different one (not memory foam) which works.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our RSTS 297 a couple of years back we made sure the bed was a full size queen. We had heard that the RV specific mattresses were sub par. We tried a memory foam topper on the original mattress with no relief. We went to a big box store during a sale and bought a premium queen size mattress and never looked back. Well worth a good nights sleep.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we picked up our solitude and went straight to camping world and picked up a king size sleep number. We had a reflection and on a week long trip when we picked it up, the mattress was so bad we drove 3 hours one way to pick up a queen sleep number for that rig.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first customization of our RV was to take the "Fred Flintstone mattress" out and replace with 4" memory foam on bottom, then a queen size high quality mattress on top of that. We added a little weight to the RV but we took weight out elsewhere. I made it 3 nights on the original mattress. Seems like it was a Black Lion or some other name. Concrete would have been a better name. And they slept happily ever after.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ,went to IKEA bought slat style queen frame 31/2 " tall but saved my wives back. Hinged frame to lift up bed in 2600RB worked with pillow top mattress, changing to gel filled memory foam this year .Slept like baby all camping season .👍🐴🙂

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto the Powells' story. We slept on ours 13 days and knew!!! Laid a broom stick across the mattress, took pictures and measurements. Sent info to GD. Likewise, had a speedy reply. We purchased a Montana from Wilderness RV Mattress. Sent copy of invoice to GD. Received the full amount of the "up to..." reimbursement. Due to COVID-19, the mattress is still in the box since we haven't gone camping. BTW, Wilderness will honor our 100 Day Free Trial when we tell them that we have resumed camping. Very pleased with customer service from GD and Wilderness.
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    Serta has a wide variety of mattresses, junk and good. If an RV manufacturer is putting in a Serta mattress, guess which one will be used?

The Raptor 356 I have ordered is in and I'm trading the motorhome in but keeping the mattress from it. It's a Sleep Innovations, similar to high end Tempurpedic and very comfortable to sleep on even after 13 years. I knew the POS in the Raptor was going to get replaced with something, this just saved me a trip to Sam's.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojoenow View Post
    Hi ,went to IKEA bought slat style queen frame 31/2 " tall but saved my wives back. Hinged frame to lift up bed in 2600RB worked with pillow top mattress, changing to gel filled memory foam this year .Slept like baby all camping season .👍🐴🙂
    Setra is indeed a lottery, lol
    but neither is Ikea, it's much cheaper but you know what you are pain' for, aren't ya?
    anyways, I do agree on one thing - choosing your sleep is important af

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    ... the RV sized mattress market. The only downside is that the real king sheets are too big and with the much taller mattress the RV king sheets are "ain't no way in hell".
    We bought an RV king Sleep Number to put in the house as well as the Solitude. We also put a My Pillow mattress topper on both. We have a set of Rajlinen rv king sheets on both. We love the feel of them and they fit the mattress and topper perfectly without constantly pulling off. They are 600 count 100% Egyptian cotton. Very comfortable and we haven't had any piling on them in over a year. You can find them on Amazon for $41.99 currently (a very reasonable price for a rv king sheet set).
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12