I get no signal in both tv.
    I possibly am in a bad location now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    This is why the site costs more than $12.00 a year. Always something you should have, must have, need to have, just want cause it's cool..... I'm well over hundreds in less than a year. DW is threatening to ban me from the site!
    Well Mark,
    I got the Klein tool one (Amazon) and used it the other day. Turns out to have been the cable not tightened - which it wasn't. I learned something new too. I never knew that they made different colored coax cable! That made it so much easier to do the check, and that tool is simple to use (DW doesn't need to know about it). Now I wonder if the cable I run from the pole is weak? When - If - it stops raining I'll check that next. edit Just realized again that I am an idiot. We're talking about the antenna, not the cable hook up. Sooo…., when we get somewhere that has a signal I'll double check everything. We get no signal here at home - in a valley between several mountains. Hopefully it was just the loose connection, as the cable itself test good.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 03-20-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, I was just constructing a shoe storage compartment under our first inside step. Behind the steps (in the concealed no-man's land) were two TV cables with connectors (unions) in them. A possible trouble spot.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    I posted this in the wrong topic area. I can't figure out how to move or delete it. Sorry

Hello there,

We purchased our Reflection 312BHTS last fall and got it out around 5 times, all to different locations. We are having a problem in that we can pick up channels on the TV in our living room, but none in the front bedroom. This happened at all of the campgrounds we visited. However, when we are at home in the city, I can pick up channels in the front bedroom. This would obviously suggest the TV reception is working fine on the TV itself. I think it also suggests that the cable to the bedroom jack is likely connected ok and the wiring itself through the camper is providing some level of antenna functionality when signals are strong. I'm guessing, however, that the other end of the cable isn't connected to the roof antenna. Anyone agree, disagree, or have any further thoughts? Where do the cables come together to connect to the roof antenna and how do I get at them?

Thanks!
    Been there; done that!!! Same problem with my 2019 Solitude 373FB. Grand Design introduces massive signal loss to the bedroom TV by their wiring practices. The LR TV connects directly to the antenna preamp in the cabinet above it and gets great reception. After a lot of educated guessing, I discovered that the bedroom TV jack, from the back of the preamp, first goes to a 6(?)-way splitter behind the radio, which divides the input signal between all outputs, even though not all are used. From there, the coax goes to the basement TV hookup, where they have a 2-way splitter behind that antenna connection, further attenuating the available signal. I initially ran a spare coax from the LR TV coax connector directly to the bedroom TV,. It was definitely better, but also proved the fact found elsewhere in this forum that the original TCL TV is JUNK!!! I swapped it out with a $40 Samsung from a thrift store and saw immediate improvement. To begin the coax "upgrade", I replaced both coax splitters with threaded butt connectors, and got the bedroom TV working as good as the LR. I don't use the basement connection, so that mod will remain. This season, I intend to replace the LR splitter with an appropriate DISTRIBUTION AMPLIFIER installed behind the radio to further boost the BR TV signal and restore signal to the radio system, which is currently non-functional without the antenna connection. I hope my fix-it journey helps other readers solve this issue and, maybe, makes it to Grand Design to correct this design flaw.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhshaffer55 View Post
    Been there; done that!!! Same problem with my 2019 Solitude 373FB. Grand Design introduces massive signal loss to the bedroom TV by their wiring practices. The LR TV connects directly to the antenna preamp in the cabinet above it and gets great reception. After a lot of educated guessing, I discovered that the bedroom TV jack, from the back of the preamp, first goes to a 6(?)-way splitter behind the radio, which divides the input signal between all outputs, even though not all are used. From there, the coax goes to the basement TV hookup, where they have a 2-way splitter behind that antenna connection, further attenuating the available signal. I initially ran a spare coax from the LR TV coax connector directly to the bedroom TV,. It was definitely better, but also proved the fact found elsewhere in this forum that the original TCL TV is JUNK!!! I swapped it out with a $40 Samsung from a thrift store and saw immediate improvement. To begin the coax "upgrade", I replaced both coax splitters with threaded butt connectors, and got the bedroom TV working as good as the LR. I don't use the basement connection, so that mod will remain. This season, I intend to replace the LR splitter with an appropriate DISTRIBUTION AMPLIFIER installed behind the radio to further boost the BR TV signal and restore signal to the radio system, which is currently non-functional without the antenna connection. I hope my fix-it journey helps other readers solve this issue and, maybe, makes it to Grand Design to correct this design flaw.
    A couple of things with the above. First is glad you found the splitter issue. I'll have to check that out. Second - any open ports on splitters and so on cause signal loss, as does cheap splitters. I have caps everywhere in my house to cover any open ports where I could not get the proper size splitter. I also have Termination caps (https://amazon.com/gp/slredirect/pic...getName=sp_atf ) on the ports in the basement. I would guess that Grand Design uses the one size (largest) fits all mentality. That way no one has to think about which splitter is appropriate for that particular need.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 03-22-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been through this when we got our Solitude S class 3350RL. The living room TV was great, the bedroom TV had bad reception. Took the time to trace all the TV coax cable connections, most connectors were loose. After tightening all connections it fixed the problem, both TVs are working great. I took the time to draw a diagram of where all the coax connectors are in our specific coach. It wont necessarily be the same as other RV models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TV Coax Connections.jpeg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I've been through this when we got our Solitude S class 3350RL. The living room TV was great, the bedroom TV had bad reception. Took the time to trace all the TV coax cable connections, most connectors were loose. After tightening all connections it fixed the problem, both TVs are working great. I took the time to draw a diagram of where all the coax connectors are in our specific coach. It wont necessarily be the same as other RV models.
    Nice! Your drawing looks remarkably like the official Grand Design coax plan for our trailer (and maybe others).

Grand Design will provide their drawings on request to people who ask for them and provide their VIN. However yours may save them the trouble. Thanks!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Nice! Your drawing looks remarkably like the official Grand Design coax plan for our trailer (and maybe others).

Grand Design will provide their drawings on request to people who ask for them and provide their VIN. However yours may save them the trouble. Thanks!
    I figured if ever I need to get at it again at least I have my drawing. Some of the way they ran the Sat coax makes no sense to me but hey that's the way it is. I took pictures of what was behind the storage compartment back wall for later reference, I didn't want to linger behind there too long, my god what a mess!!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - now I have a question. How do you get the radio out to check the splitters and other connections? Or are you just pulling all of the cables through the amplifier hole?
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Ok - now I have a question. How do you get the radio out to check the splitters and other connections? Or are you just pulling all of the cables through the amplifier hole?
    I haven't looked at mine this season but, from memory, there were 4 small self tapping screws around radio frame (may have been covered). They just screwed into the wood panel facia. Gently wiggle radio out, and be AMAZED at the tangled rat's nest behind it. Carefully unplug all radio head connections and set it aside. You can then access the splitter. Then, like all Damage Control repairs, "Do whatever it takes with whatever you have!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast