User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim, I was just looking at the pics of your griddle and bed mods. We replaced that lousy Serta in out 2670MK asap too and are looking at changing out the 'capital grill'! Questions about about the griddle mod: I believe you had said it's a Camp Chef model griddle? Also, it appears you took out the thin faux piece of wood above the original grill - did you find any obstructions behind it or is it an empty space under the stove as it appears to me? Did you have to reinforce the outside kitchen slide out shelf to support the griddle?

You did a nice job, the griddle and bed look like they are OEM, maybe GD will take notice??

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Texas RVers;325799 Questions about about the griddle mod: I believe you had said it's a Camp Chef model griddle? Also, it appears you took out the thin faux piece of wood above the original grill - did you find any obstructions behind it or is it an empty space under the stove as it appears to me? Did you have to reinforce the outside kitchen slide out shelf to support the griddle?

You did a nice job, the griddle and bed look like they are OEM, maybe GD will take notice??[/QUOTE]

The make of the griddle was Royal Gourmet. At the time they were the only ones who made a griddle in a size that was not too deep. Side to side most of them will work in the 17" range. It was the depth that I had to look for. Lots of griddles out there now so you might find another brand. I just spent 4 months using it every 3 or 4 days and it worked just fine.

That thin peace of wood you speak of serves no use other than hiding the inside stove top from seeing down inside the outside kitchen storage area. It had no real structural use other than cosmetic. I pulled it out by hand and it came apart in peaces. I just trimmed it back up and had that nice big open space. I thought about making the slide out draw go out further, but left it as it was. You could do it either way with the right draw sliders. Keep in mind I used high temp sheet of silicone to protect the camper from any heat coming from the griddle. That is why you see the Velcro on the door.

The silicone sheet hangs there protecting the camper from any heat. It works really well too. I can not hold my hand in the front of it, but I can put my hand anywhere behind it and feel no heat at all. It is amazing stuff. They use it for baking pans and cooking pots all the time now. I just bought a roll of it for my use. I keep the heat from the Sun from getting my solar telescope from getting hot also. I just drape it over the top of the OTA. Sometimes before that the OTA would be to hot to hold with out being careful. No issues now.

Hope this information helps you.
    Jim T.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this is pretty much what we've been wanting to do but haven't had the time to dig into yet. Plus the silicone sheet heat shield is a great idea I hadn't even thought about!

Thanks for all the info.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Made a few mods to our 2019 2670 MK
    Took out the small almost useless 2 burner stove and put in a 2 burner griddle.
    Also took out the queen mattress and put in a Split Queen Adjustable Bed.
    Both mods came out looking good and work very well. Bed is very comfortable for sure.
    Attachment 25335
    Attachment 25336
    Attachment 25337
    Attachment 25338
    Attachment 25339
    These links to your pics are no longer valid. Any chance you could re-attach the images? I am working through my own cooktop replacement and would love to see what your mod looks like. Also, can you provide a link to the silicon sheeting you used?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123