0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 397th happy jac parts not installed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_105231.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	25346Top bunk won't stay up and discovered 4 of these not installed. Assuming this is culprit of top bunk not staying up. How do these go in?
    Last edited by Hammerdown72; 03-15-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what the part pictured is. I'll go look at it later and take pictures if I find it. Mine stays up with 4 pushpins that are installed while it's in the up position. There are holes in the upright rails they push through.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerdown72 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_105231.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	25346Top bunk won't stay up and discovered 4 of these not installed. Assuming this is culprit of top bunk not staying up. How do these go in?
    I didn’t think those are your problem or at least the problem with the bunk staying up. On our old trailer we had the pins. On the new trailer there is a metal tab in the middle of each track that needs to be flipped. The bottom bunk has to be raised to support the top bunk all the way up before you flip the tabs to secure the top bunk.

I would suggest that you lower both bunks so that you can get on top of the bunk. You can find the tabs easier without the bunks in the way. The tabs flip up and down. Pay attention to the orientation so that they are either all up or all down. The tabs are not that big. Hopefully you will be able to find them.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. I have to confess that my recollection wasn’t nearly as good as I thought. I went out and looked the the bed assembly today while I was out at the storage location. The long piece that you have pictured fits into the track at the top of the track. The hole end is up. The holes should line up with holes on the outside of the track. The bolt goes through all of the holes and holds it in place. The hooks at the bottom should point away from the wall. There should be one in every track.

The lever that I originally described is NOT located in the track. It is located on the lower bed brackets that ride in the track just between the two beds. It is cadmium played (gold). I have a picture of the lever but can’t figure out how to post it. If you want the upper bed to stay up then you lower both beds until they separate. Then you flip the levers on each corner bracket and then lift both beds up until the top one latches.

I hope that helps.