User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverpilot View Post
    We use a company that you use a hotspot and have unlimited WiFi. We steam Netflix and Hulu. We pay monthly no contract and we pay through PayPal. We have had it for 2 years. It does use a AT&T signal. We switched from Verizon as the campground we spend our summers at in upstate NY had no Verizon service. You can only use 5 lines at a time so we make sure our phones and laptops are not on WiFi when we are streaming. We are super happy with it. It costs 59.95 a month. We have never noticed any throttling. The company is called FastHomeWifi.com. I watch a lot of YouTube videos as well I know you can try it free for 7 days as that is what we did. Hopefully that may help a few of you.
    thank you, I will keep this company in mind moving forward

Rich
    Life consists of two dates separated by a dash...Make the most of the dash !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Changing Lanes on youtube for their setup. Full timers and works.
    Last edited by gobama84; 04-02-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Loyd - USMC Retired & Dean - SSA Retired
    Looking to Full Time as soon as we buy a 397TH
    Currently working as a Government Contractor

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the WiFi on our 2018 GMC truck. Almost, never out of WiFi area since it uses AT&T for it's WiFi. If I park close to the trailer then I can pick up WiFi in the trailer from the truck. Sadly, I learned that you don't keep the key on in the truck without starting every once in a while. Thank goodness for AAA.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Internet and WiFi Options for Full Timing

Quote Originally Posted by hoverpilot View Post
    We use a company that you use a hotspot and have unlimited WiFi. We steam Netflix and Hulu. We pay monthly no contract and we pay through PayPal. We have had it for 2 years. It does use a AT&T signal. We switched from Verizon as the campground we spend our summers at in upstate NY had no Verizon service. You can only use 5 lines at a time so we make sure our phones and laptops are not on WiFi when we are streaming. We are super happy with it. It costs 59.95 a month. We have never noticed any throttling. The company is called FastHomeWifi.com. I watch a lot of YouTube videos as well I know you can try it free for 7 days as that is what we did. Hopefully that may help a few of you.
    Sounds sketchy to me especially when you see the “company website”.
    The price is currently $72.95 a month.
    It also raises a red flag that the person posting this info has only one post on this forum.
    Same with that guy selling rides on the space shuttle, I’m not falling for that again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	25632

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-01-2020 at 07:12 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the Ultimate Road Warrior package from MobileMustHave.com with AT&T and Verizon unlimited SIM cards ($120 a month for each plan). These are truly unlimited with no throttling. The router can load-balance 2 SIM cards and a Wi-Fi signal. The performance has been great. The roof mount receiver boosts the signal, as well.
    https://www.mobilemusthave.com/Ultim...dle_p_168.html

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtintx View Post
    We purchased the Ultimate Road Warrior package from MobileMustHave.com with AT&T and Verizon unlimited SIM cards ($120 a month for each plan). These are truly unlimited with no throttling. The router can load-balance 2 SIM cards and a Wi-Fi signal. The performance has been great. The roof mount receiver boosts the signal, as well.
    https://www.mobilemusthave.com/Ultim...dle_p_168.html

You forgot to mention the $1404 worth of equipment you have to buy.
    Plus you're paying $240 a month?
    Holy Toledo.
    I'll do some research, if it truly is unlimited and unthrottled and we can routinely get speeds of at least 10 down and 10 up, it might be worth it, for us, since we work online on the road.
    But that is WAY more money than most folks are willing to spend on mobile internet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-04-02 09_23_59-RV & Boat Internet Hardware Bundle - Pepwave_MobileMark.png  
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-02-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick follow up, we got all of the equipment installed and the service up and running. So far so good. She will bring her office equipment home tomorrow and we will test at that time. In the mean time the equipment worked as advertised. For comparison purposes we had Hughes Net...could not stream video and all youtube stuff was very sketchy and constantly buffered. Since I installed and started service I've been able to stream two laptop at the same time, I actually "binged watched" the entire first season of Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime series). Couldn't be happier at the moment....order of magnitude faster than sat service. Pricey but I think I got what I paid for.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't be long till 5G will be the norm and a simple hot spot may work just fine. I have been to campgrounds where they had WIFI and as luck would have it I just a bit outside. My hot spot was very handy. Never stream anything because limited data. I have Sprint and so far the company has been better than Verizon hands down.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    Just a quick follow up, we got all of the equipment installed and the service up and running. So far so good. She will bring her office equipment home tomorrow and we will test at that time. In the mean time the equipment worked as advertised. For comparison purposes we had Hughes Net...could not stream video and all youtube stuff was very sketchy and constantly buffered. Since I installed and started service I've been able to stream two laptop at the same time, I actually "binged watched" the entire first season of Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime series). Couldn't be happier at the moment....order of magnitude faster than sat service. Pricey but I think I got what I paid for.
    First, Sorry to the OP for kinda jacking the thread, was not my intention !! Second, a two day followup, no problems or interruption in service !! Her office has been up and running for two and half days. The home office fixed the need for a static IP by creating an organic VPN...really helped our situation. Good luck to the OP on a solution.

Our set up will take about 20-30 minutes to get going at each camp sight, primarily due to external, extended antenna set up, not bad. I anticipate a bit of preplanning to find sites with AT&T access, however, if necessary I can utilize a Verizon SIM card with appropriate IPN service with the MoFi device. We've already determined that our travel days will start at the end of her Friday workday and will end on Sunday afternoon giving us time to set up and have her ready for work on Monday morning. I will be twice retired so no commitment on my part, however should the opportunity arise I will consider part time work camping.

We went from Hughes Net to cell based WiFi, we both feel we just entered the 21st century !! LOLOL !! Good luck OP ! Please followup and let us know your solution.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Visible as a hotspot
    $40 per month
    unlimited Data
    No Throttling
    One noticeable limitation 1 device.
    Have had it for 5 months and streaming TV has not been a problem.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast