Name:	xDLFdI.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	25595
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006HRV_Robin_Williams_021.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	25594

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xDLFdI.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	25595
    Yeah, I remember this movie !! I for sure felt his "pain" !!
    Life consists of two dates separated by a dash...Make the most of the dash !

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure hope That doesn't happen to me! I learned from Marcy and Gary - I never leave the Flush line hooked up. Now I'll learn from you - If I ever buy one of those tanks. The dumb stuff I do usually cost me money - like $5000 on the last rig...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I sure hope That doesn't happen to me! I learned from Marcy and Gary - I never leave the Flush line hooked up. Now I'll learn from you - If I ever buy one of those tanks. The dumb stuff I do usually cost me money - like $5000 on the last rig...
    If no other part of the story sticks remember this, VENT !!! LOL ! I will state this, was not the tank's problem, was the operator's problem ! And, although I wanted to douse it with diesel and set it on fire,
    we still own it !

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    So, picture the following:

We bought what I called the TT (Turd Toter) (Poop Caddy), whatever you wanna call it, you know, the little wheeled caddy thing. We put it together and rolled it out to the ol' fiver. DW went to work so I was left alone to do the "business", for the record, the black water tank was completely full and really, really needed emptying !

I hooked up the drain to the ol' fiver and hooked up the business end to the TT. All's well so far. Just so you know, the "business end" had a clear 90 elbow so we could see the "business" going in the TT.

Great, so far. I pulled the black water T handle and both heard and saw the "business" goin' into the TT. Great !! This is working as advertised !. I was standing over the TT watching the "business" and noticed the "business" was inexplicably slowing down when I KNEW it should not be. I bent at the waist to get a better look when all HELL broke loose in my face ! The "business" end of the TP (Turd Pipe) blew loose from the TT and a literal high pressure geyser of somewhat macerated human "stuff" spewed forth in a pressurized column, right into my face !! The pressure was so bad that the "stuff" was able to go under eyelids, up nostrils, mouth opening, ears and all over the front of entire body. I SCREAMED and, with eyes burning and shut, ran for the front door of the stick n brick while trying to strip out of my feces soaked clothing. I'm 56. Bounced once off the door, forever scarred both dogs while screaming through the house, and, busted my $ss in the shower !!

AAAparently, you are supposed to loosen the little pressure release/content indicator thingy BEFORE you pull the handle to hell !!

PS, got cleaned up and that only took a full 60 gallons of hot water, soap, Lysol, mouthwash, prescription strength eye drops and all the left over antibiotics in the med cabinet !!

That's my "It Happened to me" story.
    I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this post. Not to laugh at you (laugh with you) but this is one of the funniest RV post I've ever read! You have a good sense of humor and thanks for sharing about the pressure relief valve as a reminder to all of us. I just posted a couple days ago about my wife dropping a 15" toilet cleaning brush down the black tank. I got it out but it was an adventure. Take care and safe travels. Benny
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this post. Not to laugh at you (laugh with you) but this is one of the funniest RV post I've ever read! You have a good sense of humor and thanks for sharing about the pressure relief valve as a reminder to all of us. I just posted a couple days ago about my wife dropping a 15" toilet cleaning brush down the black tank. I got it out but it was an adventure. Take care and safe travels. Benny
    Thank you Benny. Would love to hear how you managed to fish a toilet brush out of the black water tank ! For the record, the mere mention of "black water" sends shivers up the ol' back !! LOL !

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    Thank you Benny. Would love to hear how you managed to fish a toilet brush out of the black water tank ! For the record, the mere mention of "black water" sends shivers up the ol' back !! LOL !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, gotta hear this one...you have piqued my curiosity !!
    Headin Out 2, you asked, I'll tell about my RV bidet invention ....

Last July 4 weekend, camping on the Ross Barnet Reservoir, it was time to begin breaking camp. My nephew was trailing me asking questions and I, being the loving uncle I am, was more that willing to educate a young mind on the finer points of RV'n. I was dumping grey water and started adding water to the black water tank when his education began. One question lead to another and I pointed out one feature after another. Wifey was inside getting all in order while we were outside doing our thing picking up and putting up and working our way around the RV with me pointing out the finer why's and how's of RV life. Just as we got even with the door my wife let out a blood curdling scream. At that instant (funny how a wife's scream can sharpen a fellow's memory) I realized I left the water going into the black water tank w/o the drain open. I hauled ****** around to the other side, pulled the valve open and cut off the water then timidly made my way back to the door and opened same. My wife was standing at the bathroom door, soaking wet with toilet paper fragments all over her from the waist down, calling me everything but a child of God. Floor was soaking wet with...well, stuff and toilet paper fragments 4 foot up the shower wall, back wall, toilet door. I explained the error of my ways and began in earnest cleaning up while the wife showered. Apparently the BW tank was full all the way up the vent and when wifey flushed my RV bidet....

Fearing the worst, I went home and dropped the the coroplast and found to my amazement that all was well. (see my post on "Gotta Drop the Chloroplast") yes I misspelled coroplast.

Lesson Learned...Distracted Sewage Management is dangerous

Eddie
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    Headin Out 2, you asked, I'll tell about my RV bidet invention ....

Last July 4 weekend, camping on the Ross Barnet Reservoir, it was time to begin breaking camp. My nephew was trailing me asking questions and I, being the loving uncle I am, was more that willing to educate a young mind on the finer points of RV'n. I was dumping grey water and started adding water to the black water tank when his education began. One question lead to another and I pointed out one feature after another. Wifey was inside getting all in order while we were outside doing our thing picking up and putting up and working our way around the RV with me pointing out the finer why's and how's of RV life. Just as we got even with the door my wife let out a blood curdling scream. At that instant (funny how a wife's scream can sharpen a fellow's memory) I realized I left the water going into the black water tank w/o the drain open. I hauled ****** around to the other side, pulled the valve open and cut off the water then timidly made my way back to the door and opened same. My wife was standing at the bathroom door, soaking wet with toilet paper fragments all over her from the waist down, calling me everything but a child of God. Floor was soaking wet with...well, stuff and toilet paper fragments 4 foot up the shower wall, back wall, toilet door. I explained the error of my ways and began in earnest cleaning up while the wife showered. Apparently the BW tank was full all the way up the vent and when wifey flushed my RV bidet....

Fearing the worst, I went home and dropped the the coroplast and found to my amazement that all was well. (see my post on "Gotta Drop the Chloroplast") yes I misspelled coroplast.

Lesson Learned...Distracted Sewage Management is dangerous

Eddie
    Are you still married ? Bhahaha, that was hysterical, sorry for laughing at "Mrs Eddie" but...good lesson learned, and, I'd be willing to bet $$$ that does NOT happen again !! 2nd point taken, I can fully understand how the piercing scream of an outraged spouse can "sharpen a fellows memory" ! Great story and VERY good lesson !

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still married ? Bhahaha, that was hysterical, sorry for laughing at "Mrs Eddie" but...good lesson learned, and, I'd be willing to bet $$$ that does NOT happen again !! 2nd point taken, I can fully understand how the piercing scream of an outraged spouse can "sharpen a fellows memory" ! Great story and VERY good lesson !
    And one to be taken to heart by all who read it!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast