User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEF gone from shelf ......

Shopping is crazy .... we have supplies because we stock for hurricane season and use it up over spring /summer .... I needed some DEF so stopped at Walmart there were only 6 on the shelf ... usually plenty in 2 places one shelf was empty the other had the 6 .... it is going to be long few months ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most auto stores sell DEF, or goto a truck stop to fill at the pump. Truck stops usually sell it by the jug as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Most auto stores sell DEF, or goto a truck stop to fill at the pump. Truck stops usually sell it by the jug as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I am sure there is plenty to be had just surprised at the run on it at Walmart .... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our WalMart had a lot of DEF on Saturday. But I've been in WalMarts this past summer that had none. WalMart - not the best inventory experts.

At a Love's truck stop today the had 2.5 gallons for almost $16!!!! yikes!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    I am sure there is plenty to be had just surprised at the run on it at Walmart .... later Frank
    There may not have been a "run" on DEF, you could be seeing the results of supply and/or restocking issues.

It is my intention to not use any boxed or bottled DEF, I have been and plan to continue filling up at the Diesel Pumps in the truck stops. I feel that is the freshest DEF I can get since the "Big Boys" all fill up there they have to be bringing in a fresh tank (or two) every week.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On Sat. I stopped at the Arco in Quartzsite and filled up the diesel. My 321RL was parked at LaPosa South so I used the car side instead on the trucks. I went inside to get a coffee and see the jugs of DEF. It was an off brand and for 2.5 gallons it was $18.99 which turns out to $7.59 a gallon. I decided to pass on it the as I was leaving there was a sign for the truckers side advertising it for $2.39 a gallon so I filled up for just $3.69 Last Sep. 6th. I started fulltimeing again and will be more vigilant in the future.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May just be a result of prioritizing other things on trucks.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Shopping is crazy .... we have supplies because we stock for hurricane season and use it up over spring /summer .... I needed some DEF so stopped at Walmart there were only 6 on the shelf ... usually plenty in 2 places one shelf was empty the other had the 6 .... it is going to be long few months ... later Frank
    You do know there is a shelf life on DEF right?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donblaz View Post
    You do know there is a shelf life on DEF right?
    Never heard of that - what is i the shelf life??

I put off my new truck order but to kill time been looking at aux in bed fuel tanks. Trying to find one that has both Diesel and DEF tanks - not finding any - maybe this is why?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Never heard of that - what is i the shelf life??

I put off my new truck order but to kill time been looking at aux in bed fuel tanks. Trying to find one that has both Diesel and DEF tanks - not finding any - maybe this is why?
    Also, you don't really use that much DEF.

I just drove 5,700 miles across country, towing my 310 GK and only used about two tanks worth of DEF (filled up in the truck lanes when DEF was 1/2 empty).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast