User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Tom&Joan;317457]I have a lot to say, maybe more than I should. I'll start by relating a bit of my work experience. I was a repair technician for a large company. I was asked at one point to visit a sister plant to evaluate why their automated warehouse worked so much better than ours. It was all set up by an upper level secretary who was super sharp, I think she was miscast and should have been running the whole plant. In dealing with her I felt like such a peon, but it was me, not her. Turned out the other plant's warehouse didn't run better than ours,
    Their standards were just lower, nothing comparable about the two. I wrote a very detailed report, which went to the warehouse manager, one step down from the plant manager. I never heard from the manager which I thought was confusing and rude, but soon after I was promoted into an engineering group. Then a call out of the blue from the secretary asking how I was doing. I replied great, just got moved into an engineering group. She said "yes I know!" This was about 50 years ago, but I recently ran across the report while sorting stuff while moving. I didn't know I was capable of writing what I did.

I do think educational standards have slipped, so many young folks cannot express themselves without "like" every few words, and "you know" ad nauseum. No, I do NOT know, because you have not said anything! If you are in a job where you want to advance, try your best to communicate placing commas and apostrophes in appropriately. If looking for a job, do the same on your resume. To read someone's communication where a sentence never ends with the above that I have mentioned just makes the reader's head hurt. 'Nuff said for now.

This. ^^ Run on paragraphs. I don't even try.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as I am on a roll... Mumbers! which was mentioned previously. I have a granddaughter guilty of sloppy speech. She can enunciate clearly but most of the time does not. Speaks in partial sentences. She is an adult and has a husband who's second language is English. He is doing pretty well, but how he can learn from his wife I don't fathom. This girl is in good company however, as I often encounter people with similar speech. I know my hearing is not perfect, but it is not that bad either. There, I feel better now and suggest a return to the regular scheduled program.
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to learn to accept that far too many of us are in so much of a hurry to share our thoughts, we don't take time to proofread. I taught school for a while and it has been toughest for me to see common words misused. Even though I spot the errors right away most of the time, I just try read past them and understand the statement despite it all. A few of my pet peeves that I let go are:

their - there - they're
    know - no - now
    are - our - hour
    pour - poor

If a post is completely incomprehensible, I will ask for clarification though.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “your brain is a code-cracking machine”

I had no problem reading your paragraph, but that has a lot to do with my brain being “a pattern recognition” machine. Your paragraph, other than the jumbled spelling, is well-written and grammatically correct - I knew what the next word would likely be. But throw in some verb/subject disagreements, leave out some articles, and throw in some misused words (there, whether, too, off, etc) and I think the results might be very different.

I would encourage everyone to be more tolerant. Consider why you write and/or speak well. (Education, training, practice, having the time and inclination to be a voracious reader, having a good grammar “helper” (I use Grammarly - works across all platforms), maybe just having lots of time to be correct. And then consider that others who are equally as thoughtful and have great ideas don’t have as many - or any - of those advantages. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been mentioned multiple times, that people are in such a hurry to make their post. Why are they in such a hurry? If what you have to say is pertinent, say it correctly. Last but not least, is what/how you just said something, how you want to be perceived? It's in your control......slow down.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdelcurto View Post
    No need to fret.

You might not realize it, but your brain is a code-cracking machine.

For emaxlpe, it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.

S1M1L4RLY, Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1NG 7H15 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17.
    This...try being deaf all your life. If it gets the point across, is it not communication? Most of you don't have a clue if you're going to bitch about it.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this been mentioned... folks that post a question and then never bother to follow up with how things worked out, let alone send a thank you....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading all of the posts above, I just had to share this extremely long run on sentence I spotted on Facebook today. I suspect some (myself included) will get a bit of a chuckle out of it.

Many campgrounds have lots of things to do right there at the campground or they will tell you at the campground things to see and do local sites here or whatever and of course you can always just sit back and watch a movie OK or get to know your next-door neighbor I have used Walmart so I’ve used Campground both work very well for one I was using them but if I don’t wanna unhook and I want to go fast appointed appointed be hard to be to Walmart for a couple days most important thing I can say to You is do what makes you comfortable don’t drive or miles then you want to don’t actually have a plan set of miles to drive a day if you see something along the way take time to enjoy it you say you’re in your 70s I’m in my mid-60s. Take time to smell the roses there are a lot of things between between point a and point B just remember after about 4 o’clock in the afternoon Campground start filling up so start early end early God bless you safe travels

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    After reading all of the posts above, I just had to share this extremely long run on sentence I spotted on Facebook today. I suspect some (myself included) will get a bit of a chuckle out of it.

Many campgrounds have lots of things to do right there at the campground or they will tell you at the campground things to see and do local sites here or whatever and of course you can always just sit back and watch a movie OK or get to know your next-door neighbor I have used Walmart so I’ve used Campground both work very well for one I was using them but if I don’t wanna unhook and I want to go fast appointed appointed be hard to be to Walmart for a couple days most important thing I can say to You is do what makes you comfortable don’t drive or miles then you want to don’t actually have a plan set of miles to drive a day if you see something along the way take time to enjoy it you say you’re in your 70s I’m in my mid-60s. Take time to smell the roses there are a lot of things between between point a and point B just remember after about 4 o’clock in the afternoon Campground start filling up so start early end early God bless you safe travels
    I think some heads just exploded. [emoji23][emoji23]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdelcurto View Post
    I think some heads just exploded. [emoji23][emoji23]
    Now; that right there, is funny. hehehe.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast