User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    I say no worries to most of what I see and read on here and other forums ... I find most of my reading helpful and funny .... I do grow tired of the constant reference to "use the search " new forum members like to interact with there new found forum friends .. later Frank
    And on the flip side of the "use the search" responses, don't ya love it when someone responds to a thread that's been dormant for years? Sometimes a new thread is warranted so new information can be posted... YMMV.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Spelling doesn't bother me near as much as poor or missing punctuation. Although every time I post I read it for spelling errors AFTER I post it then edit it. Usually quite a few times in a several sentence post. As said above - for whatever reason it's the haste to get it posted.
    Being on a couple forums, what bothers me most is run-on sentences without punctuation marks. The "your" "you're" is another common one. What I have seen lately is the misuse of "than" and "then." On another forum there is a user that constantly uses "prolly" instead of "probably."

But, who am I to judge.

Safe and happy travels.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after reading the newer postings I guess I have found my definitive answer..... The lack of an "ignore this thread" option. I don't want to ignore any members, just the repetitive subjects that are the same as the last 5-10 postings on the same topic.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife graduated with an English degree (Liberal Arts) and I graduated with a Software Engineering degree. I do all the math and she does all the writing.

One thing I do know is 'alot' is not a word. The usage should be 'a lot.' Two words. See I do math good.(<--See what I did there).
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief T View Post

But, who am I to judge.
    But, who am I to judge?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
    Being on a couple forums, what bothers me most is run-on sentences without punctuation marks. The "your" "you're" is another common one. What I have seen lately is the misuse of "than" and "then." On another forum there is a user that constantly uses "prolly" instead of "probably."

But, who am I to judge.

Safe and happy travels.
    Now see, just last month I was seriously thinking of posting a memorial in “Off Topic” for our good friend, “than”. I refrained, lest I be mistaken for “speech police”. It was really because of late, my flow of reading has been interrupted briefly by my brain asking, “then what???” thinking something else came next. I’m over it. Trained my eyes to skip over the vowel, because it was likely spell/grammar correct anyway. (Don’t we all remember early versions that we had to change again and again before it quit!???)

I lived in Oklahoma for two years for grad school. We went to a grocery store looking for ice for the cooler (beverages to be purchased elsewhere-another shocker). A teenage employee asked if he could help so I asked for ice. Several exchanges later, he finally said, “I’m real sorry, mam, I just don’t know what you’re sayin!” When I told him “Frozen water, in cubes, in a bag, to put in our cooler to keep the beer cold,” the look on his face was priceless. “OOOH...y’all want AAAAHS!”

Of course, during that time I was mocked rather mercilessly for my northeastern “flat As”, and I often wondered what they’d say about the speech of someone from Boston or Maine. I came to marvel at some of the common methods used for clarity: ink pin, hog pin, dress pin, but hamburger meat was just plain redundant.

“Prolly?” The closest I’ve ever uttered was “proBly”. Yes, the “prolly” trolley �� runs off the rails in some southern regions!
    Just a bit of humor, because let’s face it, we’re bored here. Waiting is hard. Stay safe.
    Nancy

I keep forgetting that the pictures that pop up on my keyboard don’t work here...that’s a little trolley up there.
    Last edited by Houndbb; 03-19-2020 at 04:24 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are more things to worry about in life than a comma, period or question mark placement. If you get the idea than you are a good detective. I wasn't that good at spelling. In reality I suck at it. English was another beauty of a class. I just couldn't wrap my head around anything. I just wasn't interested in any of it. I loved cars and if there was a car in it i was all over it. I made it and consider myself successful. I became a Sheet Metal worker instead of a mechanic LOL I retired at 52 with a full pension. Not to bad for a dumb kid that can't spell LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame it on the KeyBoard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Maybe it is my Virgo kicking in but I cringe when I see obvious spelling mistakes and even worse when they are in the title. There is a magic underlline that tells you when there is a problem and a preview no less. Do people not care?
    Well get over it.
    The Chiuchiolos
    Solitude 382WB / 382WB-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive heard it said, that the spell check in my phone is like a little drunk elf trying to help me out. I say he has no intention of ever sobering up! (even when I spell it correctly, he changes it to suit his current buzz level I guess)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast