User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Skiddy;285924]SWMBO is an English major and tutor. She IS the language police. Me not so much. She forgives my spelling and I forgive her inability to balance a bank account, different strokes for different folks. The things that bug her the most:

The use of their, there and they’re. Incredible how many people have no idea.

The use of your and you’re. Even more incredible how many people have no idea.

The use of we’ve got. What’s wrong with just saying we have or even we got?[/QUOTE

Words and there meaning are important. We've all got very sloppy with our speaking and writing. It's better to write it correctly so your not misunderstood.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    I do'nt cee the spellliin isuess that uou do maybee we kould use spellckeck ....
    Thanks for the giggle 😂
    2019, Solitude 375RES
    2018, RAM 3500, Dually, Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, 4:10, AISIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Ive heard it said, that the spell check in my phone is like a little drunk elf trying to help me out. I say he has no intention of ever sobering up! (even when I spell it correctly, he changes it to suit his current buzz level I guess)
    😂🤣😂🤣 Holy cow that is funny!....My imagination played with that one ....that’s my excuse for the rest of my life.
    2019, Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    But what really annoys the crap out of me is when people post an issue, they get ample responses, then never come back or never acknowledge responses. Or they reply "I'll check that" and never post what they ultimately found fixed the issue.

John
    I agree with you on that! In fact it is like reading a story with no ending result, tis frustrating. ....and I plan on not being one of them!
    I have 2 posted issues to update that are sitting in lingo, because it has been taking weeks and (months for the long list) to get them fixed, via the painful slow nags to the dealer....Well a lot more than just nags. And then need some time to see if it is/are fixed. So if you come across mine...I will be back because I appreciate the help, and to me, letting those that helped me know the outcome is out of respect to them, for helping me.
    2019, Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    SWMBO is an English major and tutor. She IS the language police. Me not so much. She forgives my spelling and I forgive her inability to balance a bank account, different strokes for different folks. The things that bug her the most:

The use of their, there and they’re. Incredible how many people have no idea.

The use of your and you’re. Even more incredible how many people have no idea.

The use of we’ve got. What’s wrong with just saying we have or even we got?

Another is the current use of pleaded. As in the accused pleaded to a crime. Whatever happened to pled? Maybe in the future will be hearing about how someone “bleeded” to death rather than bled to death......surrogate for language police out!
    To bad my ipad can’t detect the wrong word used verses just the misspelling of the word. Yeah, Microsoft word can pick up on the grammar, but not thee ipad.
    I think it’s a sprinkle of all kinds of reasons, for these kinds of errors and spelling errors. Many that have english as a second language; those that didn’t have a good english teacher in high school; those that didn’t finish high school; those that do not have post secondary education, thus a year more of english class to get it right; those that just don’t care to proof read before hitting ‘send/post’, those that are too lazy; those that get sick of using ‘back’ button correcting their errors; those with learning disabilities that actually do not ‘see’ their errors is misused correctly spelled words...bla bla bla.

For me, like millions of others, it has always been a struggle. My dad was a nuclear physicist, he was a brilliant man who couldn't spell. So I know grammar/spelling has nothing to do with intelligence. Einstein also had issues. So it’s hard to say if someone is actually ‘clueless’, even I mumble ‘idiot’ as I struggle to read what the heck someone wrote with boo boos everywhere. (It’s frustration responding.)
    I am guilty of misspelling and grammar issues, but I too have valid excuses for those I missed, but who cares eh! You’ll figure it out.
    The way I see it, as long as i can understand what is being said, I don’t care how they write it. No doubt, ‘English’ is complicated...
    I hear ya, 🍻 cheers!

Lastly, i am tired of correcting the small ‘i’, that doesn’t always get auto corrected. That is not an excuse, i just don't care. 🍻

So software dudes have homework, to create better detecting of spelling and grammar issues in ’stupid’ vs smart phones and ipads/tablets. 😄
    2019, Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @LovingIt - well said/posted. SWMBO tutors dyslexics and those with autism, I really get that many have challenges communicating. I have an issue with the professional journalists who don’t seem to have a clue, appropriate use of grammar and correct spelling are fundamental parts of their craft.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    I have an issue with the professional journalists who don’t seem to have a clue, appropriate use of grammar and correct spelling are fundamental parts of their craft.
    Everyone just needs to be thankful people don't type like half the journalists talk or it would go like this.......

I uh, want to commend uh, all the people who uh, take the time to uh, spell check their posts.

Come on people get your thoughts together before opening your mouth. That is what drives me crazy.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Everyone just needs to be thankful people don't type like half the journalists talk or it would go like this.......

I uh, want to commend uh, all the people who uh, take the time to uh, spell check their posts.

Come on people get your thoughts together before opening your mouth. That is what drives me crazy.

uh should be outlawed along with well and do you know.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Maybe it is my Virgo kicking in but I cringe when I see obvious spelling mistakes and even worse when they are in the title. There is a magic underlline that tells you when there is a problem and a preview no less. Do people not care?

I agree that to me it seems careless so I do proof read. I’m sure I miss something here or there. I hold myself to a standard I am comfortable with for written exchange and I’m sure others do the same. We are all “wired” differently as it is said. I get a lot of practice in written communication during the course of running our business so it is easy for me to keep my skills honed. As it was said previously, in spite of some grammatical and spelling errors I’m certain that we understand one another the majority of the time.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venturer View Post
    If I'm on my laptop I do a lot better than on my phone. My daughter said dad just ask Siri to type it for you. LOL that is a joke. Siri or formerly OK Google can't understand my suuuthurn actcent.But I tried it for a while just to make her happy. One day she told me "daddy just call me". I said "that dog will hunt" !!!! Y'all have a good day now yahere.
    As a native Georgian I think your grammer is perfect.
    Y'all come!
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast