Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS 17MKE pricing expectations

Hi folks, lady and I are in the market for a small TT. I got the chance to look at a larger imagine XLS model (they had one few on the lot) and found it had the right mix of everything to put the line at the top of my list above comparable products.

Here in Idaho, it looks like we have only two GD dealers so I'm not swimming in options. They both seem to be not responding to my request to negotiate a fair deal, and they both have listed MSRPs that are 20-30% higher than the GD website - 36K instead of the true 28K MSRP for the 17mke specifically.

What are reasonable expectations for a price I should be able to get there 17mke for? I've seen people list 30/35% off MSRP, which seems a bit optimistic, but having dealers price above factory MSRP seems like I'm buying a special edition rarity.

Also, worst case I have to go out of state to acquire one, should I be worried about having no local place to do maintenance or repair because I didn't buy from them?

This whole purchasing process thus far has been extremely frustrating. I thought car dealers were bad, but here I can go to a 4.5-4.9 rated RV dealer and you'd think they were 2 star at best if you compared them even to the auto industry.

Thanks for any insight!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at Travel Hitch RV website. https://www.trailerhitchrv.com They are located in central California and claim to have the lowest prices in the state. Their email quote was almost $3000 less than what the local dealer wanted. Pick the trailer you are interested in and there is a button where they email you an instant quote. If it's lower than the local dealer show it to them and see if they will come down. If not you might have to visit California. They give you two free nights at a local campground so you can check it out and see if there are any problems. Then you can make a vacation out of towing back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakKnight View Post
    Hi folks, lady and I are in the market for a small TT. I got the chance to look at a larger imagine XLS model (they had one few on the lot) and found it had the right mix of everything to put the line at the top of my list above comparable products.

Here in Idaho, it looks like we have only two GD dealers so I'm not swimming in options. They both seem to be not responding to my request to negotiate a fair deal, and they both have listed MSRPs that are 20-30% higher than the GD website - 36K instead of the true 28K MSRP for the 17mke specifically.

What are reasonable expectations for a price I should be able to get there 17mke for? I've seen people list 30/35% off MSRP, which seems a bit optimistic, but having dealers price above factory MSRP seems like I'm buying a special edition rarity.

Also, worst case I have to go out of state to acquire one, should I be worried about having no local place to do maintenance or repair because I didn't buy from them?

This whole purchasing process thus far has been extremely frustrating. I thought car dealers were bad, but here I can go to a 4.5-4.9 rated RV dealer and you'd think they were 2 star at best if you compared them even to the auto industry.

Thanks for any insight!
    Did you ever purchase your 17MKE? We are in a similar situation and are considering traveling to Washington State to purchase ours for a very reasonable price that our local dealer isn't willing to match. Like you, we are concerned about not having a local place for service or to assist if there are manufacture/warranty issues that need to be addressed.