User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you identify this Norcold refrigerator part that I found behind the upper vent?

My Momentum 328M has an 18 Cu Ft Norcold 21171M refrigerator. I had the
    refrigerator vent covers removed to see if any water needed to be dried out after my wife washed the trailer. There was some water over spray in the upper opening so I reached down to feel for water in any areas that I couldn’t see and felt a thin wire rod which seemed to be just sitting or hanging in there. I pulled it out and this is what it looks like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1750.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	25386
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	25385

It seems to have a handle on one end and a twisted strip of rusted metal on the other end that looks to be rusted/broken off. After looking at parts in the Norcold parts diagram for my refrigerator I don’t see anything like this. The refrigerator works fine. Anybody have any idea what this is?
    2015 328M
    2019 F350 SRW 6.7 & B&W slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It goes up in the flue for when you are on propane....look for a diagram of the norcold system break down and it will show it...sont know why its out...maybe a replacement was made. When i rebuilt my Norcold a few yrs ago i opened the flue to clean the burner and replace the heating element, that was up in the flue and the kit i bought came with a new one

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anything in the parts breakdown of my manual that looked like that but when I searched online for "baffle wire assembly diffuser", a part listed, I found pictures of what I posted. This is what I see online

IMPORTANT: At the top of the flue tube on the old cooling unit, there is a sheet-metal wind baffle. Remove it to access the flue baffle. The flue baffle is a spiral diffuser on a wire that drops into the flue tube. If this flue baffle is not installed onto the new cooling unit, it won’t work properly on LP gas. Transfer the flue baffle and wind baffle to the new cooling unit.

On my unit there was just a wire handle sticking up that I retrieved. Hope I can get it back where it belongs. Thanks again.
    2015 328M
    2019 F350 SRW 6.7 & B&W slider