User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We retired in 2010 and started geocaching and RVing. In the course of our travels, we've found caches in all 50 states. Geocaching has taken us to many places that we would not have seen otherwise. Another tool for findng interesting places as we wander around. Once smart phones came out, we pretty much stopped using our hand-held GPS and use c:geo on our android. I've also found it's a great excuse to go for hikes that I probably would not have done.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLtravelers View Post
    We retired in 2010 and started geocaching and RVing. In the course of our travels, we've found caches in all 50 states. Geocaching has taken us to many places that we would not have seen otherwise. Another tool for findng interesting places as we wander around. Once smart phones came out, we pretty much stopped using our hand-held GPS and use c:geo on our android. I've also found it's a great excuse to go for hikes that I probably would not have done.
    I'm surprised more rv'ers don't go caching. Rv'ing/camping and caching go together so well. We go camping once a month and use caching to go out exploring. It will definitely take you to places you would not likely find without caching. If you ever spot us out in the wild stop by and say hi.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to google 'geocaching'..

Might give it a go next camping season.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    I'm surprised more rv'ers don't go caching. Rv'ing/camping and caching go together so well. We go camping once a month and use caching to go out exploring. It will definitely take you to places you would not likely find without caching. If you ever spot us out in the wild stop by and say hi.
    My sister and brother-in-law are heavily into geocaching. She keeps trying to get me more into it. I do cache, but only easy ones, I'm not a fan of having to climb the nearest mountain, then up a tree to find caches. So far, I've found caches in all the states and provinces indicated in my signature map.

Well, plus Hawaii and Luxembourg.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 11-16-2020 at 12:47 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Well, plus Hawaii and Luxembourg.
    How did you get trailer THERE?!?!

LOL
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    How did you get trailer THERE?!?!

LOL
    I was saying all the states/provinces in the map (where we've camped with our trailer) I've found caches in. PLUS I've found caches in Hawaii & Luxembourg (not camping, just traveling).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seasoned rver’s & geo cacherse ( elighscoming) we luv this hobby it takes u places u would never find on your own and the thrill of the hunt, travel bugs, earth caches, puzzle caches, challenge caches... no problem paying the $ 30. It helps protect the quality of the players although u can get involved for free to b sure u like the game before becoming a premium member

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I have one of my Jeep. I might have to move it to my camper. I love geocaching too. A group of us plan on geocaching during our camping trips this summer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12