User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TS_Breezes View Post
    As of today, Friday, March 27th, SC state parks are cancelling any reservations that begin tomorrow, Saturday March 28th. If you are currently in a SC state park you may remain to the end of your reservation. But, again, if you HAVE a reservation for any state park in SC that begins tomorrow, Saturday the 28th, you will not be allowed to use it.
    Bummer, that's a prime location just about now. I cancelled my spring trip to Cape Hatteras and Cedar Point, NC. I'm going to miss fishing off the beach.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Army Corp of Engineer Parks are closed. Each NP has to be checked as some are open, some are closed. Virginia has closed all state parks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALL PARKS..up here in Canada are closed. grrrr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attention:

In response to the "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order, state park campgrounds, state forest campgrounds, and all dispersed camping on public lands are closed through at least April 13. Overnight lodging facilities and shelters are closed through at least May 15.

State parks, recreation areas, trails and other state-managed land remain open, provided all visitors adhere to the requirement for proper social distancing.

See all COVID-19-related information for DNR facilities and services.
    Michigan DNR
    2019 Reflection 29RS
    2019 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Bighorn Night Edition

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh well...I would just be boondocking anyway. But up here in Alberta theyre even trying to keep you out of any public lands. Like ATV staging areas, hiking trail heads etc.
    I call BS!! As one can still hop on a bus or ant public transit unit with 60 strangers and ride across the city.?! Now thats pretty safe ?!....right?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Village offers this. You create an account, and one of the options is for you to check into areas. Doing so allows others to know where you are is open. You and others submit open and closed areas i. e. RV parks, National Parks, etc. RV Village tracks this and if you elect to receive notifications the app will let you know.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Great thread I have a link someone sent me, the list here is limited but has some good info. Hard to stay totally updated as things keep changing by the second. If anyone has additional info on closed or closing campgrounds please post it here
    I made this a sticky, so many are out there right now and the number of RVers wandering lost as campgrounds close will increase.
    https://drivinvibin.com/2020/03/17/c...a-state-parks/
    Colorado State Parks closed for camping and playgrounds

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw previous e-mail on South Carolina State Parks. We are in a well known Myrtle Beach RV Park now. Today we found this morning that we must leave tomorrow (city ordinance). Only ones that can stay are long term attendees that were here as of March 1. No reservations until May 1. The
    County of Horry issued rules more like the state parks. The point of my e-mail is to "check ahead" before coming to Horry County/Myrtle Beach.
    We got here 2 days ago and had a 1 month reservation. Myrtle Beach beaches were open as of yesterday with certain guidelines. We are full timers so we'll find a new home now. Two to three weeks ago we were run out of Hugenot Beach per city of Jacksonville Fl. decree. We were there two days of a 14 day planned stay. We will most likely head back to our home state of Florida and cancel the East Coast trip up to Maine this year. Safe travels everyone.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bhop56 and others:
    If you have a "sticks and bricks" home, I would encourage you to go there and hunker down. The campgrounds, both private and public, are in a very fluid state, as they are worrying about their local health systems being overwhelmed and keeping the public areas, ie. restrooms/laundry areas sanitized and safe as well as their employees safe from transmission. There is an excellent youtube channel (You Me and the RV), where the wife is a nurse practitioner who has created a webpage of current CDC and WHO guidelines. Links to both are here.
    YouTube Video
    Blog Link to Factual Information
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We checked into a KOA yesterday near Santa Paula, Calif. The check-in person donned a mask, gloves, and they had a couple of tables between me and her (practicing safe distancing, which I had no problem with (being smart). Bathrooms seem to be open but we'll stick to our own GD for any business we need. Most campers here seem to be keeping to themselves, but there are a couple of large groups here that are walking around in large groups (12+), which apparently they didn't get the "memo". We're here a week and we plan to do some day hiking in Los Padres National Forest. Hopefully they stay open and don't kick us out!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast