User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grill conversion

Looking at a Cuisinart portable grill to convert to the low pressure system on my Reflection 150. This grill, model CGG-306, has a high BTU rating (20,000) and I’m curious if anyone has tried this grill on the low pressure system. I have seen posts elsewhere regarding other grills barely working when converted. I like the size, grates and stainless const of this grill over some of the cheaper options. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks much and stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rrunr262; 03-18-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BTU rating is only slightly ralated to gas pressure. Does that grill have a low pressure regulator? If so then you will need to remove that regulator before connecting to the rv's low pressure system (rv is already regulated and grills won't work double regulated).

Some grills in the world work with high pressure propane and those can't be used hooked directly to an rv.

I have a camp chef that has the regulator on the bottle end of the hose. All I had to do was remove that hosr/regulator and buy the appropriate hose to go between the grill and the RV. I lost a little bit of flame height/BTU's but not enough to affect it's cooking ability.
    Last edited by ckreef; 03-19-2020 at 06:15 AM.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    The BTU rating is only slightly ralated to gas pressure. Does that grill have a low pressure regulator? If so then you will need to remove that regulator before connecting to the rv's low pressure system (rv is already regulated and grills won't work double regulated).

Some grills in the world work with high pressure propane and those can't be used hooked directly to an rv.

I have a camp chef that has the regulator on the bottle end of the hose. All I had to do was remove that hosr/regulator and buy the appropriate hose to go between the grill and the RV. I lost a little bit of flame height/BTU's but not enough to affect it's cooking ability.

I appreciate your response. I am curious if anyone has experience with this specific model grill and whether after removing the regulator and all, if it still performs well on the low pressure system or not. With the high BTU rating it must pull some serious volume and I am not sure that the low pressure RV system will work well or not. I would hate to pay good dollars for a grill that wont work well after I have voided the warranty etc by pulling the regulator etc.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrunr262 View Post
    I appreciate your response. I am curious if anyone has experience with this specific model grill and whether after removing the regulator and all, if it still performs well on the low pressure system or not. With the high BTU rating it must pull some serious volume and I am not sure that the low pressure RV system will work well or not. I would hate to pay good dollars for a grill that wont work well after I have voided the warranty etc by pulling the regulator etc.
    I downloaded the manual for the grill you listed in the original post. It has 2 burners at 10,000 BTU's each for a total of 20,000 BTU's. It's regulator is on the bottle end of the propane hose. All you will need to do is unscrew the hose from the grill and replace it with the appropriate adapter hose. . Your low pressure rv system should have no problem keeping up with that grill

I have a Camp Chef 2 burner grill. It came with the same regulator setup yours has. Each burner is rated at 30,000 BTU's for a total of 60,000 BTU's. I replaced my regulator hose with a 12' rv adapter hose. When running both those monster burners on high the flame is a touch smaller than a standalone propane bottle but only by a little bit.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, sorry if it sounds dumb but I really need a good advice

My husband is building his grilling corner at the backyard, it has been his dream for years
    And I'd love to buy a nice grill for him!
    I've heard a lot of good stuff about Primo but so I've heard about Traeger and Weber
    I'm trying to read grill reviews (like this one), but they lack personal experience

Could you please help me choose? I'm not sure whether it's better to buy gas, charcoal or electric grill...

The budget is around $1000 but less is better

Thanks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susy21 View Post
    Hi there, sorry if it sounds dumb but I really need a good advice

My husband is building his grilling corner at the backyard, it has been his dream for years
    And I'd love to buy a nice grill for him!
    I've heard a lot of good stuff about Primo but so I've heard about Traeger and Weber
    I'm trying to read grill reviews (like this one), but they lack personal experience

Could you please help me choose? I'm not sure whether it's better to buy gas, charcoal or electric grill...

The budget is around $1000 but less is better

Thanks!
    I just upgraded our Napoleon for a larger one. We really like ours. Customer service is great. My brother has a Weber and it's also great with great service also.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE