User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing (Upgrading) Foam Inserts - U-Shaped Dinette/Lounge Cushions Reflection 31MB

Does anyone know the height of the cushions used by GD on the Reflection line? I am referring to the removable cushions used typically in a U-Shaped Dinette or Lounge. I have a 31MB, but assuming there might be some standardization at least within the Reflection line so any feed back from 2019 or newer is appreciated.

I am planning on replacing the foam inside the cushions with firmer ratings. I took off my cover and pulled measurements a few weeks ago, but somehow did not record the height (only length/width). With a snow storm coming tomorrow I won't be able to get back into the rig for about another week.

If anyone knows the height or happens to be in their Reflection I would appreciate any feedback you have.

My recollection is 5" in height.

Thanks,
    Last edited by skier8674; 03-18-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    Harrison
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2016 RAM 3500 6.7L AISIN 3.41 DRW Auto Level Air, 60g Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following. Let us know where you get the firmer foam at. This is on our bucket list of mods.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you find a good upholstery shop they could cut some foam blocks to size. If 5" is the correct thickness I would recommend getting a 3" or 3-1/2" high density (firm) block and ask to have your foam cut down for a topper. When you stuff the cushion you will have a firm seat with a soft padded top.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We addressed this at the local foam shop. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...617#post214617
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chief T and Others,

For those DIYers out there I found a good solution. Took about 30-45 minutes of cutting (with utility knife) and stuffing. For my 31MB U-Dinette I needed 3 rolls (24x72x5"). The height of my foam was 5". This covers the 3 longer cushions with enough to do the 2 square pieces used to make the dinette a bed.

I weigh 185lbs. I used to sink right through the foam and my tailbone was slightly resting on the wood structure of the U-Dinette (not exactly the quality I expected). Also it was hard to slide around the dinette since you were sunk in so far. With the upgrade I sit at a normal height relative to the table (instead of feeling like a kid at the adult table) and most importantly my tailbone does not sit on wood anymore.

Link for the product I purchased below. Note... I chose their FIRM version. I haven't purchased/tested others foam firmness so I can't compare one third-party to another. All I can attest to is that this solution worked for us.

Some Tips:
    - Measure your height foam required (unzip and measure the foam... not the outside of the cushion)
    - Unzip cushion
    - Bend one end of the inner cushion inward to free up the tension and allow the cover to slide off.
    - Lay old cushion on top of new foam as a template. Keep old in place as a guide as you cut.
    - Cutting requires multiple passes of a utility knife. Keep your cut fairly straight.
    - *** Place cut edge of foam on the side of the cushion that will be hidden. My cuts were very nice, but you have a choice and best to have the factory cut edges facing the surfaces that will be seen*** Even if you don't do this the edge will still look great... my OCD being applied here.
    - There was a plastic bag insert on the existing foam. I set aside and reapplied in the same placement with the new foam inserts. Not sure if this was for inserting the foam, smell, odor or liquids protection. I assumed all of the above so I reused them.
    - Longer cushions: Insert one side of foam fully and then bend the other side over to get it inside the cover. Adjust from there.
    - Square cushions: Fold foam in half from both sides and insert. Adjust from there.

I hope this helps some others with their own Mods!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Harrison
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2016 RAM 3500 6.7L AISIN 3.41 DRW Auto Level Air, 60g Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI - Foam can also be cut to size using electric knife - the kitchen carve-the-turkey kind. Slices through it like butter.
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2500RL - U shaped dining. Took all cushions to a shop in OKC and had new foam installed. Cushions definitely not all same width. Huge difference. $250
    Allen & Brenda
    2018 GD Imagine TT 2500RL
    2018 Tundra Crew Max 4WD
    Equal-i-zer 10K