User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bath time!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    $30 to wash and wax a 5th wheel??????? It's around $7-$8 a foot in Palm Springs for wash and wax.
    This was $ 250, equates to $ 6 a foot and he did a very good job, worth the money IMO.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Wow you got hosed (pun).

They charge a dollar a foot most places we go.
    2 guys doing it by hand, wash and wax.
    We paid $30 and I sat outside and watched them to make sure they didn’t miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG. If someone is willing to wash/wax my 351 at 40/time, I'll state right now, call me, I'll put you on for 1X per month from now until your arms fall off. Shoot, might go to 2X a month. If you're willing to do cars at that rate too, you can throw them in too.

This has to be a misprint, I think it costs me more than 40 bucks to wash/wax my rig in supplies!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    OMG. If someone is willing to wash/wax my 351 at 40/time, I'll state right now, call me, I'll put you on for 1X per month from now until your arms fall off. Shoot, might go to 2X a month.
    I agree! I'd get mine waxed once a month at $30 a pop!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get a Blue Beacon quick wash will run over $40; goes over $50 if you add them spraying on RainX. Not knocking Blue Beacon, I love them; but it isn't a hand wash/wax.

$30 for a hand wash/wax is the deal of the century! Especially when they are doing a decent job of it.

I tip my guy $30 for a hand wash/wax.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    OMG. If someone is willing to wash/wax my 351 at 40/time, I'll state right now, call me, I'll put you on for 1X per month from now until your arms fall off. Shoot, might go to 2X a month. If you're willing to do cars at that rate too, you can throw them in too.

This has to be a misprint, I think it costs me more than 40 bucks to wash/wax my rig in supplies!
    Nope, there were several independent contractors that would routinely cruise through the RV parks all over Yuma.
    This happened the whole time we were down there, from November to February.
    You could see them all over town so I'm sure they stayed plenty busy considering how many older/retired RV folks there are down there.
    Their deal is common knowledge, "a dollar a foot for a wash and wax".
    My buddy Dan took the deal and said they did a good job.
    I don't let anyone touch ours, for any reason, plus its only 26 feet so I wash it myself (twice a year whether it needs it or not).
    They're probably the same guys that drove over to Palm Springs and charge the suckers errr customers 4 or 5 times that.
    We stayed at the Thousand Trails there several times last year and overheard people talking about paying those kinds of rates.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid $225 in Galveston recently. Wash, wax and clean roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bath Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    To get a Blue Beacon quick wash will run over $40; goes over $50 if you add them spraying on RainX. Not knocking Blue Beacon, I love them; but it isn't a hand wash/wax.

$30 for a hand wash/wax is the deal of the century! Especially when they are doing a decent job of it.

I tip my guy $30 for a hand wash/wax.
    Hey Keebler, who do you use in Raleigh. I could use a good service. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Keebler, could you send me the info on the folks you use to wash and wax your rig. I’m in Apex. Thanks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Wow you got hosed (pun).

They charge a dollar a foot most places we go.
    2 guys doing it by hand, wash and wax.
    We paid $30 and I sat outside and watched them to make sure they didn’t miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These guys seem to be foolish. I cannot see with setup and travel time each day doing more than three RV’s per day, so, depending on the rigs they are washing they are paying for supplies and splitting the remainder or $100 or so. They could work a long day and do a fourth rig.

My son who works at Target part time while in college is paid $13 per hour so if he works 8 hours he’ll gross over a $100, work in an air conditioned building and not have to worry about falling of the top of an RV.

I think the $1 per foot guys need career counseling or small business consulting. Also, if they are uninsured, which at $1 per foot they are certain to be, that’s a whole different conversation. Without liability insurance if they damage your rig there will be no money to remunerate you for said damage - with no insurance and they may have to work two weeks to scrape enough money together to pay you $50 for said damage. Without workman’s comp insurance if a worker is injured and they get a trial lawyer you may have a whole different brand of trouble.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Cav

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I'll do it for $5 a foot and a case of beer....
    A trip 1/2 Cav 1976-1979 Bindlach. Always Ready!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast