User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response! I can’t even get a wiring diagram from GD? I just need to find a competent source. My recent experience with the dealer was a complete waste of my time and money!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your picture diagram, how did you determine which is the RV Distribution Panel that is wired to the GFI outlet and which one was the other outlets? I have a Solitude 2930rl-r with the same setup and was looking to do the same thing, but don't want to mess up and blow something out by connecting the wrong wire with the refrigerator into the inverter. Also curious on what guage of wire you used.
    Last edited by zipman; 10-25-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Hey yall,

Anyone with the residential refrigerator and factory inverter installed, just a heads up that with minimal rewiring you can power a decent amount of the outlets in your trailer off of that inverter (1000w continuous, 2000w for a short period).

The refrigerator/inverter are off of the same branch circuit (breaker) as the rest of the outlets with the inverter being inline for the power to the fridge. The inverter passes through power to the fridge when AC (grid) power is available and switches to inverting from batteries when no AC is present (assuming you have it turned on of course). The line for the fridge is wired in parallel with the other outlets. So it goes like this:

Breaker > Hidden Outlet > Inverter >Fridge
    Breaker > Other outlets around the trailer

All I did for this small change was move some wiring around and splice things together as needed to achieve:

Breaker > Hidden Outlet > Inverter > (Refrigerator + Other outlets)

I can work up a diagram if needed later but wanted to share with you all that this is doable and not too tricky. Can add a lot of convenience in the trailer when boondocking without running the generator (in my case I have upgraded battery bank and 1200w of solar).

In my 3740BH-R I can power the 2 outlets on the living room slide (by the table and the outlet the theater seats are plugged into), the lower outlet in my bunk room, the mini fridge in my outdoor kitchen, the outlet by the stove in the kitchen, and the TV and cabinet above the TV. Good enough to have a lot of the creature comforts as needed.

Added a diagram to help explain what I did. In the case of my 3740BH-R, all of the outlets on Breaker "1" are now powered by the inverter.

Here is a diagram I worked up showing the change I made
    Attachment 25418

Here is the mapping for outlets to breakers in my 3740BH-R as a reference
    Attachment 25419
    Nice post and good info. I just referred another member to this post as he was looking for something simple.

I haven't figured out how you included the circuit breakers into your set up. I thought the inverter was fed by a breaker in the CB panel which in-turn ran the refrigerator. So to get power from that inverter to the other outlets you wired in did you disconnect those outlets from the CB panel and just wire them over to the inverter circuit and still use the same branch circuit the inverter is on for all those outlets and the refrigerator?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12