User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F250 F350 Brake Upgrade

Has anyone upgraded the brakes on the F series trucks and if so what did you go with?
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampton View Post
    Has anyone upgraded the brakes on the F series trucks and if so what did you go with?
    An F450 sorry didn't mean to be snarky lol. I'm sure there are rotor and pad upgrades online from companies like Baer or Wilwood or Brembo.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be cost effective to upgrade the trucks pads/rotors to better than stock replacements parts and put disc brakes on the RV.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    An F450 sorry didn't mean to be snarky lol. I'm sure there are rotor and pad upgrades online from companies like Baer or Wilwood or Brembo.
    The F-450 brakes are built heavier-duty than those in the lesser Super Duty trucks. Have you really noticed the difference from your F-350?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    The F-450 brakes are built heavier-duty than those in the lesser Super Duty trucks. Have you really noticed the difference from your F-350?
    Oh yes they are much stronger and require less pedal pressure than the 350 did even for a normal stop with no trailer. I have not towed with the 450 yet but will in early April and will get a better idea then. It definitely has a better brake feel and more stopping ability.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    @Lampton
    Those are the brands I would go with too.

MY 04 F350 has had a history of warping the front rotors. The stock ones would just not stand up to towing and would warp whiten about 4 K miles. A few years back I had the front brakes fixed again at the dealer and they replaced the rotor with a new Ford HD unit. Everything has been better. Have you checked with your dealer on options? They can probably get you the better rotors too.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    MY 04 F350 has had a history of warping the front rotors. The stock ones would just not stand up to towing and would warp whiten about 4 K miles. A few years back I had the front brakes fixed again at the dealer and they replaced the rotor with a new Ford HD unit. Everything has been better. Have you checked with your dealer on options? They can probably get you the better rotors too.
    Is there a chance the heavier-duty rotors are standard now? I'm over 60K miles (less than 20K towing) with my 2017 and have had no trouble with warping. In fact I'm still on the original pads and the service guy is telling me they're not nearing replacement yet. (I do use the engine brake during nearly all driving.)
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch