User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hooking up external propane take to the grill quick connect

hey all i tried to search for my answer but couldn't find what i was looking for. anyways my question is... i have a grand designs 303rls that has a quick connect on the side for a grill or anything else that may run off propane, can i hook up a propane bottle say 100lb so that i can have my other 2 30lb bottles as backups and never have to remove them?
    Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis_o_98 View Post
    hey all i tried to search for my answer but couldn't find what i was looking for. anyways my question is... i have a grand designs 303rls that has a quick connect on the side for a grill or anything else that may run off propane, can i hook up a propane bottle say 100lb so that i can have my other 2 30lb bottles as backups and never have to remove them?
    My understanding is that is a low pressure connection. That is it’s already regulated so you wouldn’t want to connect to high pressure supply. Don’t know if you outdo back feed after regulating from the bulk supply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short answer no. However if you are savvy enough at plumbing you could add a Tee before one of the regulators on the high pressure side. This would be in one of the tank compartments. From there you would add a shut off valve and run a hose to the 100# tank. Or you could get a longer hose with the tank connection and with the bottle standing secured outside the compartment. So in reality a good thought but probably not worth the effort.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep in mind your pressure coming from camper propane tank(s) already is at low pressure; you cannot have 2 regulators on same line. I have been using Blackstone Griddle with no problem but had to remove regulator from Blackstone and put quick connection fitting on end of 10' hose going to camper and adapter fittings to connect it Blackstone where regulator was located.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Please keep in mind your pressure coming from camper propane tank(s) already is at low pressure; you cannot have 2 regulators on same line. I have been using Blackstone Griddle with no problem but had to remove regulator from Blackstone and put quick connection fitting on end of 10' hose going to camper and adapter fittings to connect it Blackstone where regulator was located.
    Where did you get, and what did you get, to adapt to be able to remove the regulator on the Blackstone? I need to do that.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. After looking at what I have now I had to order a new hose with the right connection. The hose I have now has the end that screws into the regulator. Won't be able to adapt.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please search site; that information is posted. I know I posted info long time ago. But I think you can now buy entire kits that has everything.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specifically for a Blackstone griddle, I bought this adapter off of Ebay that screws into the griddle and thus bypassing the regulator on the griddle. Then you can use a standard low pressure male to female LP quick connect hose to tie into the camper lower pressure lines.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Converta-BP...sAAOSwbQZbfu0X
    Might be able to DIY something cheaper, but this adapter is well made.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done this. You can do it, but you will need to add a regulator between the 100# bottle and the quick connect you mentioned. It's not difficult to find a regulator to add to your 100# bottle. You can shut off the 30lb bottles until you actually need them.