User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm too retired, and we were supposed to fly to London and onto Berlin tonight. My job has been to battle travel agents and airlines trying to get the trip rescheduled. They finally called and said they were refunding my airfare.

We were going to our RV in the Blue Ridge mountains this weekend. We figured we couldn't get Coro19 from a bear. But we cancelled the trip.

Just hanging at home with an 8 year old who's school has emailed her work for the next 3 weeks. So few people in Walmart that we can go fo food without getting close to a single person. For once, I actually like the self check out stands--empty of other people too. I just dread the day we run out of toilet paper and have to go out looking for more.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retired. If I were still working I'd be considered essential.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    Electrician for a natural gas company. I get to be essential also. Wifey is a nurse. A lot more essential than me. I’ll never tell her that though.
    I'll bet she know that already
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife works in the medical field, so she is working. I fix coin washers and dryers at apartments and colleges. Clean clothes is a necessity of life, so I'm working too. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a kick out of those areas that have closed down gun stores and close down the offices that do the background checks for people to buy guns. Those are nonessential businesses. Yet they deem liquor stores necessary. That tells you where thier importance goes for the politicians. They have people surrounding them and protecting them with guns and they want their alcohol too. But they don't want any of us protecting ourselves while there are bunch of drunk bad people out on the street.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considered essential by the state and they want me to drive 16 hours to other end of state to solve some problems, I let the people on the other end know how pissed I was going to be if I had to drive down because they couldn't/wouldn't get their act together....
    and as if by a miracle they got it solved so I will continue to work from home for awhile

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm part of the critical infrastructure, working for a naval ship construction/repair contractor in San Diego. All the trades people are obligated to come to work as if nothing has changed while I am working from the home office. My volume of work is unaffected thus far...and I have become quite comfortable wearing my pajamas, bath robe, and slippers all day. My dog likes the situation as well. My wife isn't so sure.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ambulance pilot, so essential. My hats off to the nurses and docs, medics that are working these patients. The thought of flying a hot patients scares the bejesus out of me, but we do what we do. The crew in the back though, holy smokes, they are CLOSE to the patient stuck in a tin can for an extended time.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I get a kick out of those areas that have closed down gun stores and close down the offices that do the background checks for people to buy guns. Those are nonessential businesses. Yet they deem liquor stores necessary. That tells you where thier importance goes for the politicians. They have people surrounding them and protecting them with guns and they want their alcohol too. But they don't want any of us protecting ourselves while there are bunch of drunk bad people out on the street.
    Here in Washington, liquor stores are considered non-essential but the pot dispensaries are essential. And from the news reports, appear to be doing a booming business.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answering the door with nothing on but an apron could lead to not observing the social distancing that they government recommends.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast