User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hubby is retired, so essential only to me now. I am a teacher who can soon retire but will go one more year; attempting to support students on a digital platform that work in a virtual google classroom. Interesting times. Let’s hope the internet doesn’t get a virus too!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been deemed Essential, wife is a retired Nurse. She has considered going back if needed, although our area isn't quite as bad as some.
    Essential manufacturing of components for UV sterilization equipment / Public Emergency Vehicle Equipment / Military & Aerospace components.
    Had planned a trip in April, but cancelled plans since many parks are closed. Now looking toward May (we hope).

Since our April trip was early, we were thinking of going south (AK, LA, TX, NM). But if we are delayed, them maybe we can stay north and travel closer to home.
    One day at a time.

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Non-essential to society at large, been retired for years. Very essential to our dogs, someone has to make the biweekly trips to pick up dog food. My local store set me up with a special order of four bags so I didn’t look like a hoarder. Thank God the girls don’t use toilet paper.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the humour guys!
    Essentially, my wit went out the door it didn’t get the quarantine posting.

But a big cheers for their courage, to those that have a high risk of being exposed to the virus, because of their jobs.
    Last edited by LovingIt; 03-26-2020 at 02:02 PM.
    2019, Solitude 375RES
    2018, RAM 3500, Dually, Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, 4:10, AISIN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Law enforcement, so lm not getting any time off.
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I get a kick out of those areas that have closed down gun stores and close down the offices that do the background checks for people to buy guns. Those are nonessential businesses. Yet they deem liquor stores necessary. That tells you where thier importance goes for the politicians. They have people surrounding them and protecting them with guns and they want their alcohol too. But they don't want any of us protecting ourselves while there are bunch of drunk bad people out on the street.
    I bought a couple guns the other day and waiting for the 2 weeks to be over when I got a call and had to set up a appointment to pick them up. Was told that i can't buy any ammo for them. All I can do is pick up the guns. What am I going to do with them now?
    You can't buy ammo for a gun not registered to you. Then you have to get another background check to buy ammo each time. The state charges money for this. What a racket.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transportation field in Texas is considered essential, including car dealerships (me). Oh well, would rather be working than at home bored to death.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I bought a couple guns the other day and waiting for the 2 weeks to be over when I got a call and had to set up a appointment to pick them up. Was told that i can't buy any ammo for them. All I can do is pick up the guns. What am I going to do with them now?
    You can't buy ammo for a gun not registered to you. Then you have to get another background check to buy ammo each time. The state charges money for this. What a racket.
    Are you in Cali? Long story short, at the beginning of the Obama administration ammo was in extremely short supply and ridiculously expensive. Heck, you couldn't even find .22lr! I made the decision at that time to invest in a "Blue Press". It wasn't cheap to get started, but I found ample reloading supplies available at reasonable prices. I still have a decent amount of factory ammo that I've accumulated over the years, but this works well for practice and plinking. Some assembly required...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me : Working
    Wife: Working
    Offspring: Remote schooling

I work for a business 2 business wholesaler in the graphics industry. We are deemed essential since we do not interaction with the public through a store front. However we have to maintain social distancing and keep the place keep. Work has dropped off to almost nil. We are currently restricted for travel for all business repair, install and deliveries. So right now i am puttering around the shop looking for things to do. It's hard since we have a no spending rule in place. So no extra dumpsters for spring cleaning or anything like that.

Wife works in Pharma. Her employer established F/T work from home early on. She will be working from home for the foreseeable future. She normally works from home about 2 days a week.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing how the decisions are made about what is essential.

It seems like such a simple question until you get into it. I think we can all agree that food stores are essential, but you need trucks to get the food there and mechanics to keep the trucks running, etc etc. With that line of thinking, it's easy to come to the conclusion that everything is essential. But that's not true either.

I think we are spending way too much time deciding and then deciding again what the word means.

I was just called back to work because somebody finally realized that protecting the food supply three months from now might be essential.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast