User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    I figured I would raise this thread back up from the dead. On Monday, May 4th, I was recalled back to the office. The other company the owners own, they brought back their employees on the 18th. Since then, we have been performing clean up work in the office, tech department and warehouse. However since the week before Memorial day, our workload has been increasing. The amount of sales inquiries have also increased substantially. Most of the sales quotes are from customers who now want to schedule in house demos of the equipment before writing a check for down payment to get the equipment. I think the one owner said one company is looking to spend around 100K in equipment for a new location to be brought on line. Several of the shops I have spoken with said the covid signage is keeping them alive but now they are starting to see a transition back to regular orders coming in. Now my employers are hoping for an even larger sales increase from this whole mess. The one is thinking we will get a huge boost in the next couple of quarters if several of these sales go through. The other owner thinks it might be like nothing happened at all. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of months. I might not be able to take off due to volume of work. So we will see what happens next.
    That's good news, especially it being in the northeast. My wife's company, residential construction, was preparing for a looming downturn in the local housing market due to the virus. Fortunately it hasn't materialized. Some of the developers pushed tracts out several months, but then pulled them back in due to continuing sales. There hasn't been a noticeable slow down in her business. The thinking is even though the economy came to a screeching halt, buyers decided to take advantage of the interest rates and buy now anyway. And now with the local economy starting to open back up (especially the hospitality industry) and interest rates staying low for the foreseeable future, the forecast is this could be a very good year for construction.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of my work has been backlog work from the start of the shutdown. Once we got PPE for field service visits, it has been pretty steady. We have a few customer drop offs in our shop that are in progress. I have a nearly booked week already for next week with field service everywhere. There is another scheduled longer service call for the following week down in Virginia. That customer should give the go ahead for the service call on Monday. On Friday, I had customers begging for us to come the same day for service on the equipment since they can be up and running sooner. We have another customer that wants us on site same day as soon as the parts land. (we only have an end of day estimated delivery date) The owner of that company demanded the tracking information. Here is the thing, these parts were originally ordered in March as part of a planned service event. When everything was slowing or stopping, the owner of this particular company demanded my employer to stop all service work planned. So all parts orders were cancelled. I have a feeling when those parts come in, it will be a late night in service. Thankfully, management does not want to work the weekends. We work enough hours during the regular week to begin with. Since my direct boss is one of the owners, I do not see this happening either. We will see what happens.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgjetboater View Post
    Well, I work for an oilfield service company in Saudi. I got here February 25 and am still here. Saudi banned all flights in and out of the airport about 2 1/2 weeks ago and they're still banned. All public transportation is currently banned; taxis, buses, trains, etc. There has been one repatriation flight from Riyadh, one happening April 6 from Dammam and another April 8 from Jeddah. These flight are for US residents, legal US residents, etc. I'm unable to leave since my relief can't get in the country and who knows when that will be. I've pretty much resigned to being here April and maybe into May. Maybe essential to the company...for now.
    Well, I'm still in Saudi. I've now been here 108 days today. My relief was scheduled to fly a charter plane from the UK along with two other guys that live in the UK but the plane was unable to get a flight entry permit for Saudi. Now they say maybe June 29. Stay tuned.....
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 DRW, B & W turnover fifth wheel hitch w/ Companion Slider.
    2015 325X Solitude

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rgjetboater - hope you get out soon, worked for GTE doing a job for ARAMCO years ago, IMO Saudi is a place to best be watched in the rear view mirror. Have they opened up any services, you will be quite surprised when you return home.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345